𝐕𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐬 - 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦

Start from the beginning

Well, if he has prepared a special bus, that bus must be for students only, so I still had a chance to be able to talk to someone on it. And hopefully make a friend. It would be even better if the person was from my class, but I think that is very unlikely to happen since this school is the best in Japan. There will be many students.

But thinking about all this, I wonder...

Will I really be able to see someone as a real friend...?

Just as I had this thought, I hear a braking sound. A large bus has stopped in front of me. The front door opened, revealing the driver sitting in his seat with one hand on the steering wheel.

Curiously, the braking system basically works by converting mechanical pressure into hydraulic pressure, using a closed circuit of brake fluid from the master cylinder, connected to the brake servo and brake pedal, to the hydraulic cylinders or calipers connected to the wheels.

The driver looked at me with an appraising eye. He has short blond hair with bangs hanging on both sides, blue eyes, and his skin appears to be a very pale skin color. A hat was on his head. After a while, he finally spoke.

"Are you Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?" His voice was thin and angelic, it almost seemed unreal. He also showed a calm face that didn't seem to be altered by anything.

That was a little strange. For what reason would a driver know the name of his passenger? Maybe the school principal had told him? If that was indeed the case, why did he find it necessary to do that?

"Yes, I am Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, new student at ANHS, Class 1-E."

I replied a bit cautiously, watching the driver. He just nodded his head before speaking.

"Very well, you are the last one. Please get in," he said, his voice strangely calm.

"Okay." With that, I got on the bus as he closed the door.

The moment I stepped inside, I could feel several stares upon me.

As soon as I looked forward, I unconsciously stopped walking.

What the hell?

I looked in front of me in a strange way, and then confusion about this situation came. I am sure that I heard the driver saying that I was the last one, which clearly pointed out that I would be the last passenger. However, the bus was far from full, in fact, it was quite empty.

Counting me, there were about eleven people in total. And all of them were wearing the same school uniform as mine, which meant that I was right in thinking that the bus would only take students with it, but...

Why are there so few students? I am sure that this school is highly coveted by people for the fact that it guarantees a 100% employment and college rate, shouldn't there be a lot more students on this bus? As I thought about the variants, most people already seemed to have lost interest in me and went back to doing their own thing.

I started walking. There was no point in continuing to think about things like this.

As I walked, the first two people I noticed were two girls sitting side by side in the front seats.

The first is a beautiful young girl with blond hair that was tied back on the left side of her head with a blue scrunchie and blue eyes. Like me, she was wearing the same black and gold uniform with a dark blue bow (for men it is a tie) in the chest area, a sweater wrapped around her waist.

The person next to her, sitting on the window side, is a beautiful fair-skinned young woman with long black hair that reaches to the middle of her back, large almond red eyes, looking closely her eyes seemed sharper, darker and lifeless, giving her the aura of a dark, cold, inaccessible and unattainable beauty, thin eyebrows and a slender but feminine build with a remarkably small chest.