Chapter 6: The Dive

Buckle up for 2.9k words about 2 freaks in the forest and then 2 freaks in the water. Enjoy!
___________________________________
(0:55)
"Where were Eddie and Mackenzie when this happened?"

Jason is sitting in Reefer Rick's house, a towel around him and shaking from the cold water.

"Wha... Wait, what?"

"Eddie and Mackenzie? You said you saw both of them near the lake."

"Eddie, he... He was in the... in the boat, like I said. Mackenzie I think she euh... she was just walking along the shore but euh... she took of running."

...

(Original dialogue)

"Did you get it?

Eddie comes back from his mission to a Walkie Talkie, proudly holding up his catch.

"Of course I did Mackie, what do you think I am? A rookie?"

Both are smiling, finally they can get back into contact with the Hawkins crew. they can almost taste the supply of beer and cigarettes.

"Thank fuck for oblivious builders!"

...
(9:26)

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"It'll be fine"

In a packed car on your way to 2 wanted freaks isn't a fun ride, but it sure is an adventure.

"I just can't Stand to see those dull eyes if Eddie's break again. I really, really can't. Plus I don't want my clothes to smell like smoke! It's so hard to wash out."

"At least Eddie can drink himself into feeling better."

"That's what my mom does"

Way to kill the mood, Maxine.

...
(11:16)

"We have also identified two people of interest. Eddie Munson and Mackenzie Ryans. We encourage anyone with information, to please come forward"

Maybe there's no good news this time

...
(Original dialogue

"Hey Eddie, try to contact them, will you? I'm fucking starving. Tell them to hurry the fuck up."

"Yeah, have patience."

Eddie grabbed the Walkie Talkie, pressing the button.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?"

"Eddie, holy shit. Are you guys okay?

"Nah, man. Pretty... Pretty goddamn far from okay. Mack fucked up her whole leg or someth-"

Mackenzie limps to Eddie and grabs the radio out of his hands.

"No I probably sprained by ankle, my knee is practically non-stop bleeding. Hey can you guys bring pringles? And hurry the fuck up?"

"Where are you?"

"Wow, thanks for the sympathy Dustbin, we're at skull rock, hurry."

"Hold tight, we're coming. We're coming!"

As Mack puts the radio down, she sees Eddie sitting with his head in his hands.

"Sorry, didn't mean to rip it off you like that... Hey are you okay?"

"No Mackenzie, of course I'm not fucking okay! Look at us! We just slept under rocks in between empty bottles and cigarette buds. We just stole a radio from a building site. You can barely fucking walk and our only weapon is a kitchen knife!"