xxvii. 𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫

"Whatever you guys are doing up there, hurry up!" Steve's shout echoed through the tiny trailer

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica came running down the hallway.

"No shit!" Dustin screamed.

Lucas spun around, knocking Peter into Eddie's bed as he did a tumble. "Oh, god. Peter!"

"Ow!" the Clarke boy sat up.

"What!" Bradley yelled as he held up a mixtape. "You still have this piece of shit?"

"Hey!" Eddie yanked it from his hand. "I like it!"

"Peter, hurry up!" Steve yelled to his cousins

"We're trying. We can't find anything." Max continued to yell as Peter reached above her, yanking the shelf off.

"Short." he mocked her, holding the box as Max dug through it quickly.

Eddie ran smack into Bradley, knocking him backwards as he smacked into the wall. "Oh, shit! Sorry, Brad."

"This room is not made for so many human beings." he ranted.

"Seriously, what is all this shit!" Robin yanked at multiple cassette tapes.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie shouted back

"The Beatles, Blondie, Bowie. Music! We need music!" Robins voice broke because she'd been shouting so loud.

"This is music!" Eddie yelled even louder.

"Eddie!" Bradley yelled, his ridiculous tantrum taking him off guard.

"Steve!" Peter went running.

"Where's he going!" Lucas gave a look of disbelief.

"Steve, sing to her!" Peter jumped up on the mattress to look into the upside down.

"What!" he yelled back, just as Nancy collapsed with a gasp. Peter sighed in relief as he saw her eyes from where he stood, Eddie and Bradley ran in, running into each other because of the small hallway and bumping into the wall. Max tugged on Peters shirt to get him off the mattress and away from the gate.

"It's okay." Steve comforted Nancy the best he could. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here."

"You shouldn't be out here." Bradley walked outside that night. Nancy needed to sleep before she told them what happened, and they all needed to do the same if they were gonna make it through tomorrow. Bradley had made sure all the doors were locked, not being able to find Eddie.

The Munson boy looked back. "No one will see me in the dark. The street lamps are broken."

Bradley sat down next to him with an exhale. "I don't know why but I kept thinking your trialer had a major remodel for some reason."