Rescue Mission

Steve was the first one on the jet. He tried to focus on anything but the possibility of having to fight his sister. Nat saw how upset he was getting, so she moved to take his hands in hers. He smiled at the redhead. Tony rolled his eyes at the sudden PDA. Steve chuckled. He knew Tony didn't mind, Iron Man just liked to mess with everyone. Nat asked if they knew how much longer until they reached the base. In an instant, JARVIS informed them that they had arrived.

Bucky was the main guard at the door when they took a look around. He was holding a gun and wearing the same mask from the first time the team saw him. Steve took a step towards his best friend but retreated when he remembered. Bucky was scanning the grounds for any intruders. He hadn't detected the Avengers. They were wearing fancy, non traceable suits.

Once the Soldier was satisfied, he went back inside. Steve hurried to the door and typed in the passcode. Tony never knew Captain had the code. Natasha pulled out her gun, running in first. She shot two guards, injuring a third with a bullet to the leg. Bucky heard the commotion and went to see what was going on. He didn't see the Avengers, only the dead guards. The Winter Soldier said over the comm that someone was in the building and to move Mockingbird. Steve knew he was talking about Annabelle.

Nat went one way, Tony another, while Steve followed Bucky. Annabelle was in the room Natasha ended up in. She held a gun and a syringe. Black Widow put her hands up in surrender and dropped her gun. Anna gave the woman a confused look. She wasn't expecting the Avenger to give in so easily.

"Who are you?" Mockingbird questioned.

"I'm Nat. You were my best friend at the compound." Nat said calmly.

"What compound?!" Anna grew angry.

Natasha explained what she could. Annabelle was growing tired of hearing the redhead talk of things she didn't think were real. Luckily, Black Widow had been recording the whole conversation. Steve came in the room after being able to track Nat's location. Mockingbird looked at the Captain with curiosity in her eyes. She thought she had seen him somewhere before but couldn't place her finger on it.

The Winter Soldier entered to see Steve and Nat both with their hands up. He removed his mask and smiled at Mockingbird. She tilted her head towards something, getting him to understand. He saw the gun on the floor and Steve didn't have a tight grip on the shield anymore. Bucky nodded back. He kicked Captain in the gut and took the shield, Anna picked up Nat's gun to try and shoot it. Steve had broken out into a fight with Bucky, Nat with Annabelle.

Annabelle had landed some blows of her own. She busted the Black Widow's lip, gave her a black eye, and kicked her in the gut. Anna was still taken out by Nat after she put the needle down to fight. Steve apologized after every blow he gave Bucky. In the face, the stomach, his chest, everywhere the Captain possibly could. If anyone tried to intervene, Annabelle blasted them away with her powers. She wanted this to be a fair fight between the four of them. They were losing but Bucky and Anna didn't want to admit defeat yet.

Steve finally knocked Bucky out cold. Natasha as able to get the syringe from Anna and inject her with it. She collapsed on the floor. Both Avengers took them back to the jet and headed back to the compound. Tony was waiting on them when they arrived. He took Anna down to see Bruce, whilst Clint and Nat took Bucky to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where am I?! What have you done to me?!" Anna screamed.

"You were taken, Annabelle. Hydra spoke your trigger words and you became Mockingbird. We need you to come back to us." Tony explained gently.

"I don't know what you're talking about! I don't know who you are! Where is the Winter Soldier?" She tried to break the cuffs on her wrists.

Wanda took the girl's hands and held them steady. She knew Anna was scared and just wanted to know if her partner is okay. Wanda told Mockingbird that Bucky had been taken to his room and would be back soon. She nodded at the witch's words. It was weird for Anna. It felt like Wanda could be trusted and wouldn't hurt her. Steve had the same effect on the girl. Something was going on here and Anna wanted to find out what it was. She called Wanda over to talk to her.

"Who are you? Do I know you?" Mockingbird glared.

"Yes, you know me. I'm Wanda." She replied.

"That name sounds familiar. I still want the Winter Soldier." Anna almost growled.

"Tony? Can you see how they're doing with Bucky?" Wanda asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve and Bucky had been going back and forth for almost half an hour. The Winter Soldier wanted to go see Mockingbird but they weren't letting him. His arm was trapped under something that he couldn't break free of. Clint and Nat were watching the best friends go at it until Tony walked in. Iron Man said Anna wanted to see Bucky and she was getting angry. Natasha's eyes widened.

Anna was scary when she was angry. No one knew how terrifying Mockingbird could be. Steve nodded to Tony. He would bring the assassins together but not until Bucky was back. Captain had already tried to say his trigger words backwards; it didn't work. Slapping him across the face only pissed the Soldier off even more. Steve did the only thing he could think of next - knocking Bucky out again. Clint tried to convince him to do something else but Cap was set on punching his best friend in the face.

Sam had entered the room when Steve punched Bucky. The Falcon tried to hold back his laughter but it was no use. Cap got a laugh out of it too, as did Clint and Nat. Bucky came to twenty minutes later. He called out for Steve. The man hurried over and knelt down in front of the Winter Soldier.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve questioned.

"Annabelle is your sister. She's my girlfriend. Your mom's name is Sarah. Sam is an annoying bird brain." Bucky's voice trailed.

"How do we know it's the real you?" Sam wondered.

"I can do this all day." Bucky looked at Steve.

Steve nodded and removed the thing holding down Bucky's arm. Sam looked at the Captain in awe. That line was only known between the friends. Steve said that to the man who had been beating him up when Bucky came to save him. Tony told Cap over the coms that Anna was getting angrier by the second, so whatever they were going to do, it needed to be now. Bucky perked up at the mention of his girl.

Nat stopped Metal Man and warned him that she was still Mockingbird, thinking that he was still the Winter Soldier. Bucky needed to act like him when he walks in for a few minutes so she can let her guard down. Steve explained that to get her back, he needed to remind her of the strongest moment they either said or did with each other. Bucky nodded, immediately getting an idea. Nat and Clint said they didn't want to be anywhere near Annabelle right now.

Bucky entered the room where Anna and Wanda were. Mockingbird called to the Soldier and asked if he had been injured. Metal Man shook his head, trying to stay in character. Steve tried to talk to his sister but she refused to say anything to him. Bucky couldn't take it anymore. He needed his girl to remember. Anna eyed the man suspiciously. He got down on one knee and took her hands in his. She looked at him with shock in her eyes.