Therefore, she dared to ask, “Doctor Jiang, although you are from China, you have been abroad for so many years. When you come back, do you have to readjust again? The capital has changed a lot since you left. If you’re bored of staying in the office, I can accompany you for a walk to get some fresh air.”

Jiang Jingnian closed the file in his hand. “Thank you for your kindness in advance.”

Kong Zhihui thought that she had a chance. “Then, Doctor Jiang, if you need anything, you can call me anytime.”

The smile on Jiang Jingnian’s lips didn’t change. “I’ll remember it.”

Kong Zhihui left happily.

After she left, the smile on Jiang Jingnian’s face disappeared. Then, he dumped the coffee she had brought into a flower pot.

Chapter 396: Invitation to a High-Difficulty Operation (2)

He pinched the space between his eyebrows and felt a little tired.

He turned on his phone and found a video to relieve his fatigue.

It was the video of the song Jiang Yu and Jiang Xingyi had sung together.

The girl in the orange sweater on screen had a pleasant voice. It looked like all the lights on stage were focused only on her.

Jiang Jingnian automatically ignored Jiang Xingyi, who was standing right next to her.

He thought, ‘it seems that I haven’t seen Jiang Yu for a while?’

Hmm…

What reason should I use to look for her?

She got first place in the five-subject examination… Should I go and congratulate her?

As he was thinking, the video on his phone was cut off as a call came in.

It was a call from an overseas number.

Jiang Jingnian picked up the phone. On the other end, David asked curtly, “Alex, when will you be back?”

Jiang Jingnian ignored his question, “Have there been any high-profile cases recently?”

“Not really,” David answered, “I’m not used to it without you here.”

Jiang Jingnian said, “David, everybody has to learn to grow up eventually.”

David: “…”

Thinking of the fact that Jiang Jingnian had gone to another country and was reluctant to come back, David wondered, “What’s so attractive about China? Is it because it’s your hometown? So now you want to stay in your hometown and don’t want to come back?”

Jiang Jingnian didn’t deny it. “Maybe.”

David became even more resentful. “Don’t leave me, Alex…”

“Okay, don’t talk like I’m your girlfriend,” Jiang Jingnian interrupted. “You didn’t call me to talk about this, did you?”

“Alright, let’s get down to business then. I do have something else to talk to you about.”

When it came to business, David’s tone became serious, “Didn’t you successfully invite that medical genius to join our research institute? We’ve already sorted out the papers on her successful heart surgery case and have published them. Not long after, someone came looking for her.

“It’s someone from your country.”

Jiang Jingnian asked, “So you came looking for me?”

“No, to be exact, he came looking for that little genius, and you.”