brian, as if he was on cue, texts gavin telling him that he's out waiting for us to bring us back to the goatfam house. gavin and i have been best friends for about a year and a half now. the story of how we met is a roller coaster but that's a story for another day.

my concern is how gavin is talking to piper again, she broke his heart way back when and i know he still has feelings for her by the way he looked when i showed him the tiktok. i don't talk to piper ever, i've never even met her and i don't want to meet her. call me a bitch but she hurt gavin more than anyone else has, not even coco hurt him that bad. i just don't want him to fall down the rabbit hole again, he knows that, that's why he's not telling me anything.

but now's not the time for worrying, now is the time to have fun with my best friend and my little sister. god it's been a while since i've been in los angeles.

"come on mill we don't have all day!" gavin says opening the door for me to get into the car. i roll my eyes and reluctantly get in. sometimes this boy is just too much to handle.

10 things i hate about you by leah kate starts playing and i immediately start tapping gavin's shoulder for him to turn it up.

"turn it up, turn it up. i love this song!!" i say while he turns up the music.

"ten, your selfish.
nine, your jaded.
eight, the dumbest guy i dated.
seven, talk a big game till your naked.
only six seconds and i had to fake it.
five, your toxic.
four, can't trust you.
three, you still got mommy issues.
two years of your bullshit i can't undo.
one, i hate the fact that you made me love you," i sing along to the song then gavin turns it down when i stop.

"wow mills, that was aggressive..." gavin says.

"the song was aggressive."

"i- yeah i guess you're right."

"gav, i'm always right!"

"unfortunately," i lightly push him a bit, jokingly of course.

i got done unpacking while gavin was in the other room filming with brian, i'm going to be in the video i just had to unpack and get settled in first. i walk out of my room and into the living room with gavin. i sit on the couch next to him.

"so this is my best friend milla, she's been gone for a while but she's back now!!" gavin says introducing me to the camera.

"yes, so gav what are we doing today?" i ask.

"so piper has asked me to come film with her today, so i was thinking we could go over there," pause.

"brian stop filing for like a second. please," brian puts the camera down and i talk to gavin on. a real note, "why? why would i want to go over to your ex girlfriend's house? and coco's coming over."

"that's fine coco knows we're going to piper's i talked to her about it," BRO.

"and you two didn't think to tell me?!" i ask.

"well we know how you'd react-"

"no shit really? gavin i don't like her. im sorry but no," i say.

"please, she's changed just give her a chance. honestly you don't even have to speak to her, just come. please," i think about it for a hot minute.

"fine. im doing this for you," im going to regret my decision so much.

"yes. thank you, thank you, thank you!!" he says engulfing me into a big hug. i hug him back, god i'm going to hate this.

"hello? anyone here?" i hear coco's voice and i immediately get out of my seat. i see her walk into the room and i run towards her, she runs towards me. we hug each other like it's the last time. i pull away looking at her.

"oh my god. look at how grown up you are. gosh you're gorgeous," i say admiring my little sister. gavin, coco, brian, they're the family i've never had. i love them all to death. i'm really not the closest to anyone else in the goat fam. pretty much just those two. i mean yeah i film videos with the goat fam all the time but we're not very close. i'm pretty much just always with gavin or coco. or both. no one else. i don't need anyone else.

"okay so i told piper we'd be there in, five minutes ago," gavin says looking at his fake watch, im already regretting this...

"millie you drive!" coco says looking at me.

"fuck yes. we still have your car in the garage," gavin says walking downstairs leading us towards the garage. brian is just walking behind us filming everything.

"well shit i hope you didn't get rid of my car. i've had that car since i was fifteen years old!" i say. i take the keys off the hanger on the wall next to the door and i unlock my 2016 white kia soul. i don't care if i look like an old grandma, it's cute, and it's mine.

"well, get in!" i say watching gavin and coco get in the car. they always fight for shotgun, and every time coco wins. brian and i get in at the same time, i but the key in the car and i turn it hearing the engine turn on. i press the button to open tue garage door, and we're off.

"hold on, gavin, where am i going?" i ask.

"i'll send you the address," he says going on his phone. a few seconds later i feel my phone vibrate in my lap. i look at his text pressing on the address and it takes me to maps and i start the route.

ooh, whoa, oh
it's a cruel summer
with you
i'm drunk in the back of the car
and i cried like a baby coming home from the bar
said "i'm fine" but it wasn't true
i don't want to keep secrets just to keep you
and i snuck in through the garden gate
every night that summer just to seal my fate
and i screamed for whatever it's worth
"i love you" ain't that the worst thing you've ever heard
he looks up grinning like a devil
it's new
the shape of your body
it's blue, the feeling i've got
and its ooh, whoa, oh
it's a cruel summer

and we're here. god am i in for the ride of my life. what has gavin dragged me into.