Chapter 1: Split

"I can't believe you just did that!" Five exclaimed, making Miko's victory face took a slight turn. "What?! How I beat the wurmple without your agreement?!" Miko yelled, Five's face turned red from how angered he was. Said blueberry head glanced over to their van, which was covered in goo. Miko and Five have been fighting for about two days, and it has definetly been getting out of hand... but they were the ones who needed to sort it out themselves..

"I think this friendship isn't going to last.." Miko nodded in agreement, her mood going from 100 percent then dropping to about 50. They started walking back to the van, silence between the both of them. Once they made it inside, a voice rang through. "Incoming call from, Your Boss." Miko took the liberty to answer it, seeing as Five was driving. "Yeah, Phil?" She asked, her salty state being pushed aside. "I need you two to come to my office, I need to have a word with you." Then the call ended. Miko mentally cursed, while Five just kept driving. They both knew they'd get over their fight, but it would have to take some time.

By the time they got back to the store, Phil was already at the front waiting for the pair, and he was pissed. "Office, now." He snapped, Five and Miko exchanged glances and followed their boss. "In." He spoke, his words harsh and laced in venom. The duo quickly went inside and spotted both, Zahra Rashid, Five's crush. And Mitch Williams, the dingleberry. "What's going on, Phil?" Miko asked, her tone light to not upset the man more. "Tell me why my best glitch fighting pairs end up fighting!" The man exclaimed, slamming the door. The four of them watched as their boss walked to his desk and took a seat.

"First, Mitch and Zahra, then, Miko and Five! You four are going to be switched around." Phil said, pinching the middle of his nose. "Zahra and Five are a pair, and Miko and Mitch are a pair. I don't want to hear anything about your partner, and no, you're not switching again." Five silently thanked the lords, at least he gets to be with his crush. Miko however, her mood went from fifty to zero in about two seconds, but in case of not loosing her job fighting against being with Mitch, she stayed silent.

"You four are dissmised, but! There's a catch, your going to spend some much needed, team bonding, time. Mitch and Miko especially. It'll start tomorrow, so try and get on good terms with each other beforehand." Phil said, watching his employees walk out of his office's door.

"Great, now I'm stuck with the weirdo." Mitch groaned, glaring daggers at Miko. Five and Zahra were already gone, possibly at home or hanging out with eachother. Miko glared back at Mitch, only to find the blonde's expression softened. Mitch sighed in defeat and looked down at the younger female.

Might as well make their jobs last. "Let's just.. pretend to like each other," Mitch said, "For the sake of our jobs." He added, reaching his hand out. Miko accepted the handshake, "Alright, Dingleberry. Whatever you say." She spoke, strolling off. The blonde instantly followed, hence they had to share a van. "Man, this'll suck." Miko said, peeking a glance at Mitch, who's facial expression was ineligible.

The two made it to the van and they boarded it, Mitch being the one to drive since it was, his van. Glancing over to Miko every now and again, to make sure she was doing fine, he noticed that she wasn't her usual playful self. That fight must've taken more outta her than Mitch even thought, but he did remember when he and his siblings had fought. It left him a mourning reck! Especially with what happened to his parents before hand. Okay! Let's not think about that! It's kinda a downer people.. shhhh

Mitch didn't want to say anything, but for the sake of them being able to sustain each other for the upcoming day. The blonde finally decided to ask, "Are you alright? I know that.. I may not be the best choice for a partner, but... I want to be on good terms for tomorrow.." Mitch said, glancing at Miko. Seeing that his new work partner perked up a little at the question, she finally opened her mouth to answer.