Ice cream dates!

(Previously named Date Night)

"Harringtons, we're going out!" Robin called out from the doorway, the two boys barely even acknowledging her. "Oh my god, Nancy's dress just caught on fire." The boys didn't pull away from each other.

"Love you!" That made the boys pull away with wide grins.

"With a capital P!" And Nancy closed the door.

"It's amazing how much the human being can make out in a week." Robin said as she took on her seatbelt. Nancy agreed silently as she took on hers.

When they pulled out of the apartment's driveway she finally replied: "You really can't blame them." Robin shrugged, "Where'd you wanna go?"

Robin thought for a moment. "Maybe some ice cream? I saw they got some new ice cream down in the store."

Nancy nodded and gave Robin's thigh a squeeze. Robin's other leg kept bouncing -wildy- and Nancy took a certain notice of it.

"Hey, you okay?" She turned a quick glance at Robin.

"Mhm? What? Oh, yeah. Cool, cool." Robin sighed in her hands. Why did she have to be such a bad liar? "I don't know, I'm just nervous I guess."

"Well," Nancy took Robin's hand and kissed the knuckles. "It's just me. Nothing to be afraid of."

Robin rolled her eyes and mumbled: "Say that to your gun collection."

"That's for other purposes, m'kay?" Robin laughed a little and nodded. "Now, come on. The ice cream awaits us!" Nancy ran over to Robin's side and opened the door for her, "My lady," She bowed.

"You've been too much with Eddie," Robin laughed as she got dragged into the store.

"Is that really a bad thing? You have Steve, I have Eddie." Robin shrugged.

Robin almost ran down to the ice cream aisle, muttering 'ben 'n jerry' under her breath. "Oh!"

"That's cookie dough." Nancy stated and crossed her arms.

"So?" Robin asked and observed the ice cream closely.

"It's not the new ice cream?" Nancy tilted her head. A smile was forming on her face.

"No, but I want the cookie dough."

"Okay." She shrugged and reached down for her Ben & Jerry.

"Brownie?" Robin yelled out, Nancy shushed her. "Sorry. But Brownie? I thought I knew you." She clung to her heart and tilted her head back, sticking out her tongue.

"It tastes good." Nancy giggled and dragged Robin up to the cashier who definitely was on drugs.

"That will be it?" She said, smacking on her gum. Robin pulled at face. Nancy nodded and pulled out five dollars. "You're gonna need more than that, sweetheart." The woman looked at Robin before nodding her head over to the sign above the ice cream.

'10 dollars per ice cream.'

"20 dollars?" Robin spoke out.

"That's what it says." The woman said.

Nancy sighed and reached in her wallet.

"Deal?" She said, with a bored expression. The woman smiled and took it.

"Deal." The woman said. Nancy sent her a fake smile before walking out of the store.

"Nancy? A-and drugs? Where is my girlfriend and who are you? Where did you even get them?- You know what? Don't answer that."

They opened the backseat doors and sat down, and started eating. (Nancy of course having everything in her purse, plus spoons.)

"I got them from Eddie." Nancy said. "He said that I'll know when to use it, and winked at me weirdly." She smiled, mimicking Eddie's wink. "You want some?"

"That ice cream is disgusting. I'm not taking a bite from that."

"Hey!" Nancy kicked at her.

"Ow!" Robin mutters before kicking back at her more softly.

"Come on, it's not that bad," Nancy held up a spoon again.

"Chocolate is good, the fucking brownie part is disgusting." Robin eyed at the spoon before eating it, swallowing without a second thought and stuck her tongue out. "Eugh!"

"You did it!" Nancy clapped.

"Fuck off." Robin mumbled and ate more of her ice cream.

They both sat in silence, enjoying their ice cream and each other.

"I wish I wasn't allergic to cats." Nancy nodded understandably. .

"You want a cat?"

"Fuck yeah I do! They're so cute! Much better than dogs." Nancy hummed and nodded hastily in agreement.
(I cannot believe I wrote that.)

"They so are! Mike keeps complaining that dogs are better, but they aren't! They clearly aren't!"

Robin nodded hastily. "How's school?"

"Could be better. I mean my grades are getting better, so that's good." Robin nodded. "Still no friends, but that's okay." Nancy looked up to Robin, knowingly. "You read a new book?"

"Yes! I'm so glad you asked, because Eddie has shown me a book called Lord Of The Rings! And it is just so freaking amazing! I love it! I mean how could one person come up with all these people and creatures! Like eugh! Okay so there's this Hobbit named Frodo who's cousin, Bilbo -who's like a billion years older than frodo- gave Frodo his ring as like a goodbye gift I guess? And then this wizard dude, Gandalf, takes Frodo with him and they travel away and go on this adventure, to destroy the ring 'cause like it's evil, you know? You should really read it."

Nancy smiled and looked at her in awe as Robin talked. She loved listening to her girlfriend's rambles, either about work or just a new thing she had discovered.

"-I think Sam is my favourite up until now, because he's just so cute, you know? He's socially awkward just like me and he's so curious about the world- And I'm probably boring you, I'm sorry."

"No! No, no no, please do continue. It actually sounds really interesting. Eddie talks about it all the time, but I've never understood. Please continue?" The way Robin's eyes light up made Nancy's insides melt. Her face softened. "I love you, alright? I could never think you're boring."

Robin's lip trembled."Really?" Nancy pulled her in for a kiss. "Wait, no. Do it again, I didn't quite catch it." Nancy rolled her eyes and kissed her once again.