22. i see the wires pulling

Start from the beginning

"Hands off, ass-hats!" Valerie exclaimed, but the guards clearly did not care about her demand, because they only tightened the grip they had on her arms. The three guards shoved Valerie onto a bench, shutting the door closed and locking it. "Let's begin, shall we?" One of the guards spoke. Two of the guards held her down as the other guard handcuffed Valerie, leaving her defenseless. "Who do you work for?" One of the men asked. "I don't do shit for anybody." Valerie scoffed. The three men shared a look, slowly turning their heads back to Valerie. "Who do you work for?" The man repeated. "I told you, I don't work for anyone. I don't even have a job for God's sake—" Valerie began, but before she could continue, the man aggressively collided his entire hand onto the left side of Valerie's face. Valerie winced at the immediate stinging sensation spreading onto her cheek, her head turned away from the three guards in front of her until the same man that slapped Valerie grabbed her by the jaw, turning her head to face them. "I swear to you, I don't work for anyone!" Valerie yelled. "How did you find us?" The guard asked. "I went with my friends to pick up a delivery for the ice cream shop they work at. When we went to grab the delivery, the room started moving and the doors were locked so we couldn't get out. Next thing I know, we're in this shithole." Valerie lied. "But I can assure you, none of us mean any harm whatsoever." Valerie reassured. The three guards shared a look, having a conversation in Russian, meaning that Valerie couldn't understand a single word. One guard opened the door, while the other two guards each surrounded Valerie, harshly grabbing her arms and forcing her up. "Stop! Let go!" Valerie exclaimed, trying to wiggle her arms out of their grip.

At this point, Valerie knew there was no point in even trying to escape their grip. These men were at least two decades older than her, and where was she going to run? As long as they didn't intend on pulling a gun on her, she could handle whatever punishment was coming near, or so she thought.

The three guards led Valerie to a different room, hurrying to unlock the door. As soon as the door opened, Valerie caught a glimpse of Steve unconscious, knocked out on the ground. "Shit." Valerie cursed. The two guards shoved Valerie onto the ground, resulting in her landing right beside Steve. "Steve?" Valerie called out, lifting herself up and onto her elbows as she crawled to Steve. "Fuck. Steve, Steve! Wake up!" Valerie shook Steve with her still-manacled hands. "Get your hands off of me!" A familiar voice yelled. Valerie looked up to see Robin being dragged inside of the room and practically thrown onto the ground beside Valerie. "Holy shit. Are you okay?" Valerie asked, turning to face Robin. "No, yeah, I'm—I'm fine. Are you fine?" Robin asked, immediately noticing the discoloration from a bruise slightly beneath her cheekbone. "Yeah, I'm fine, but Steve got knocked unconscious." Valerie sighed. "Oh, shit. Steve? Steve?" Robin crawled over to Steve. Valerie whipped her head at the sound of a door opening. Another man stepped in and began walking towards the three, a blank expression displayed on his face. "What did you do to him? What did you do?" Robin questioned, but before she could continue to yell at the guards, the man that had just stepped in the room forcefully slapped Robin with the back of his hand, resulting in Robin falling onto her back, groaning in pain. "Don't fucking touch her, assholes!" Valerie exclaimed. But she should've known better rather than tell an evil Russian what to do, because Valerie got slapped for the second time, causing her to topple backwards. Two of the men picked up chairs from the front of the room, placing the chairs in front of the three. The three guards dragged them each onto the chairs, securing the three tightly with binds. "Let us go!" Both Robin and Valerie petitioned. The binds holding the three down was wrapped so tightly around Valerie that she assumed that she would have permanent marks located on her upper arm. . Not a good look. "What did you do?!" Robin questioned. One of the men walked over to Steve, tilting his head up by his hair. "Don't touch him!" Valerie exclaimed. The man sneered at the sight of a majorly-injured Steve. His eye was swollen, he had dry blood surrounding his mouth and chin, along with fairly-fresh blood dripping from his nose. "Steve? Steve, can you hear us?" Robin questioned. "Steve! Wake up! You gotta wake up!" Valerie let out a shaky breath, turning her head to look at Steve. "I think your friend need a doctor." The man spoke, walking over to Robin and Valerie. "Good thing.. we have the very best." The man sneered. Every guard in the room began laughing at the sight of the three so weak and helpless, which made both Valerie and Robin want to slam each of their heads between the door. . Without thinking twice, Robin spat on the guard right in front of her, which made the laughing fade immediately. The man's smirk immediately disappeared as he began wiping the spit off of his face. "You're going to regret that, сука." The man threatened. Each of the men began walking out of the room, leaving the three alone to accept their fate—that their lives were probably coming to an end. "Bastards." Robin whined. "Assholes." Valerie shook her head. "Let us outta here!" Both Valerie and Robin yelled in unison. "Bastards, let us out!" Robin exclaimed, but her yelling was no use, because the door had already shut close, and the guards already wouldn't hesitate to harm the three.
_______________________________
Steve had remained unconscious for about an hour after the three were reunited. Meanwhile, Valerie and Robin had been screaming their lungs out for help nonstop. They knew that there was probably no one who was willing to free them near-by, but it was worth a shot!