04

After a couple of minutes, people start coming down to the kitchen and are greeted by the wonderful smell of banana and chocolate muffins

After a couple of minutes, people start coming down to the kitchen and are greeted by the wonderful smell of banana and chocolate muffins. Walking in they see Dream sitting on the island with a muffin and a bowl of fruit on her phone looking at something.

"Oh my god, it smells amazing in here," Steven said loudly, scaring Dream in the process causing her to drop her phone from her hand and drop to the floor.

"Jesus Steven, a little warning next time," Dream responds, placing her hand on her chest and trying to calm her rapid heart.

"Sorry, but it does smell amazing," He apologizes before grabbing a muffin, while also grabbing a piece of fruit from her bowl which she tries to smack his hand away from.

Jeremiah goes and grabs her phone from the floor and sets it next to Dream on the island, smiling at her while doing so.

"Thanks," She says, smiling back.

"No problem," He responds.

"Oh my god, sweetie what happened to your hand?" Dreams mom Laurel asks, while grabbing her hand to get a better look at it and making everyone look over in the process, Susannah, Jeremiah, and her having a more worried look on their faces.

"Oh, I just forgot to put an oven mitt on before grabbing the pan," She explains before continuing, "I'm fine Mom."

"Are you sure?" Laurel asks, "Do you need some medicine?"

"I already took some, and yes I'm sure," She responds, smiling and looking at her mom, trying to reassure her.

Laurel nods her head at her daughter, still worried about her injured hand but trusting her when she says she is fine. "Okay, um before I forget to tell you, I made you a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning since you couldn't go to the last one."

Dream nods her head at her mom, "Okay, is it with Dr. Gilbert our regular doctor here?" She asks.

"Yeah and I talked to her and she's excited to see you, she says it feels like forever since she last saw you."

"We see her every summer," Dream says, looking at her mom. Laurel nods her head at her daughter, knowing she's right, but can't defend the kind doctor.

Dr. Gilbert is the kid's doctor and has been for the past couple of summers now. They usually go see her at least twice every summer due to one of the kids ending up getting hurt somehow or just a casual checkup. She knows about Dream's diagnosis and agreed with Laurel to check up on her when she needs it since she knows about her past doctor appointments and treatments from her files. In case of emergencies, if anything happens this summer. The kids loved her, she was like family to them and would invite her and her family over for dinner a couple of times over the summer.

"Well, it doesn't make her less happy to see you," Laurel responded, Dream nodded her head agreeing with her mom.

"Wait, why does Dream only have an appointment and not me and Belly too?" Steven asked, with a confused look on his face at his mom and sister.