00. Prologue

CHAPTER ZERO
Prologue

CHAPTER ZEROPrologue

FOUR DAYS EARLIER

HEAD DANGLING off the edge of her bed, Callie flipped through the pages of a fashion magazine from a decade ago. Every few pages, she folded the corner down, finding an outfit she wanted to recreate. Fashion, for Callie, was an extension of herself, a way to portray to the world who she was on the inside on the outside. Maybe that's why she opted for the more eclectic, bohemian styles of the 70s.

     She was looking at a pair of bell-bottom jeans with the most adorable embroidery when the phone on her nightstand started ringing. She furrowed her brows and closed the magazine. Who could be calling her? All of her friends were busy. She picked the phone up, banged it against the nightstand once (despite being new and wireless, it was very particular, and only worked if she gave it a nice banging), put it up to her ear, and clicked accept.

     "Callie Madison," she said, flopping back against her cushioned headboard.

     The voice on the other line started to speak. "Hi, Callie, it's, uh, Robin? Robin Buckley? I'm calling for the tutoring thing."

     Callie shot upright. Robin Buckley was calling her? This was almost funny ━━ she knew how much Robin hated her, calling her for help was probably torturous. "Oh, hey, Robin! Thanks for calling! What subjects do you need help in?"

     Two days ago, Callie had put posters around the school offering her assistance as a tutor. She felt like she wanted to actually make a difference with someone, and she had so much free time. She wouldn't admit this to anyone, but she always wanted to be a teacher, and this would be a great way to see if it could work out for her. She'd been waiting for someone to call her, but nobody has. It was a little disappointing.

     "Um," Robin laughed awkwardly. "All of them."

     "That's no problem!"

     "Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden or anything-"

     "You're not, I offered this for a reason. Do you have a day in mind for our first session?"

     "Tuesday?" It was Friday, which would give Callie the whole weekend to prepare.

     "That works for me!"

     "Okay, cool, how much do I owe you?"

     "First two sessions are free, then it's five dollars an hour."

"Oh, that's great. So where will we meet?"

"You can come over to my house. I'll write down my address for you and give it to you in school on Monday."

"Sounds good. Hey, can you, like, not tell anyone about this?"

Callie furrowed her brows again. "What do you mean? Why not?"

"It's just embarrassing, okay? Please don't tell."

"Fine, whatever," Callie snapped back. She hated being someone's little secret. She had been someone's little secret, and it drove her insane. She had to bite back telling Robin that she'd only get one free session instead of two. "See you Monday."

"Okay, goodb-" Callie hung up the phone and threw it across her room, wincing as she heard the thud of it landing on the carpet. She quickly ran across the room, inspecting the phone for damages, and thank goodness there was none. It was brand new, and her mother would have actually killed her.

     Once her phone was placed safely back on her nightstand, she continued flipping through the fashion magazine, this time looking for an outfit she'd wear for her first tutoring session with Robin Buckley.

NOTE

NOTE

Okay look I was REALLY stuck on how to start this so the prologue and the first chapter are really bad 😭😭 LMAOO chapter two it starts to get good I PROMISE

Callie dressing 70s inspired is like someone today dressing 2012. LMFAOOOOO would someone in the 80s even dress 70s?? Did it give them the same repulsive feeling to dress like the decade before as it does for me to see someone dressing in moustache shirts and galaxy pants today??

Bye