part two.

author's note: here's the sequel everyone was so eager about! honestly thank you all so much for such a massive positive response to the first part, it makes my heart melt!!! it's my most famous work on tumblr so far and definitely one of my favorites <3

i was a bit insecure about writing a part two because i hadn't really planned a follow-up, plus i was scared it wouldn't live up to the original BUT i got the inspiration all of sudden and well let's see how this goes. let me know :)

•••

despite the smirk on his face and the smug spark in his eyes, as soon as eddie disappears behind the cafeteria doors, you know he's in trouble. that's when the other guys at the table finally seem to acknowledge your presence and notice what you're wearing.

"you didn't turn on the lights when you got dressed this morning?" dustin quips, doesn't even bother to address the fact that you're suddenly back.

at the other side of him, mike leans back on his seat to take a better look at you, nearly falling backwards when he asks, "hold on, is that eddie's jacket?"

"what?" dustin assesses your outfit more closely now, realizing mike's not full of shit. "hey, it is! and these are his pants." he hooks a finger in the steel chain hanging from the jeans. "what the hell is going on here?"

"i'll tell you what's going on," gareth says in between bites of his food. "y/n got backstabbed by her precious little cheerleader friends. they stole her clothes and eddie helped her out."

"wait, so he pulled this stunt just because of you?" dustin seems to be deep in thought as he squints. "huh."

jeff nods slowly, wiggling his eyebrows at him. you huff.

"that's what friends do. even when you're not talking."

dustin scoffs under his breath, "friends."

"but you're back now," mike notes, prompting you to nod.

"i am. and i guess it's my turn to save his ass."

you get up quickly and walk towards the exit, but then you come to an abrupt stop and turn around, making your way back to the table. you slap your hands next to gareth's tray with a loud bang. he jumps.

"and by the way," you say. "we really need to get more girls to join. this club? is a fuckin' sausage fest."

once you storm out the doors, mike points out, "she's not wearing shoes."

"son of a bitch," dustin mutters. "she has no clue, does she?"

"uh, i think she knows she's barefoot."

cue henderson's glare. "moron."

before mike has time to voice his confusion, gareth leans forward to get their attention.

"man, he's too good for her," he comments. "she bails on us for god knows how long and eddie doesn't waste a second to save her face and let her back in."

"uh oh. you better not let him hear you talking about her like that," jeff warns.

"chill out, gareth," dustin retorts. "this is y/n we're talking about. possibly the only girl to look us in the eye and treat us like human beings here. despite everything, she's still our friend, and eddie's best one."

wheeler agrees, "yeah, at least she's back, which is more than we can say about other people." he throws a glance over his shoulder towards the table lucas is sat at.