~2~

The weather for the day prevented people from going out. It was raining heavily and almost everyone was inside their houses, well except Alex. Alex was still roaming around the streets because he promised his best friend that he'd come see him today and he wasn't one to back down from his promises. He was dragging himself in the heavy rain clutching his backpack to himself because in it were treats for his best friend and his favourite flowers since it was his birthday.

He walked around for a few minutes more until he sighed in relief when he noticed that the gate was open and went inside. He walked through and looked around but finally found his best friend laying there. He broke out into a huge smile and went to him.

"Hi I promised that I'd come right. I've always told you that I'm not one to break promises. Let me tell you about what happened today at school and all the unfortunate things at work. But promise not to laugh at me."

He smiled and began telling of all that happened to him. From dropping food on his crush's clothes to messing up orders in the restaurant and getting complaints. By the time he was done, the sun was up and shining in the sky and the rain long gone. Only the damp ground remained.

"I should probably go now or else mom will kill me. Oh I forgot to give you these. I bought them with my money you know."

He puffed out his chest in pride. He reached for his backpack and took Oreo chocolates because they both enjoyed them. He opened one and ate half then gave the other half to his best friend. He munched on it, then took out some water and drank.

"Look before I forget I bought you your favourite flowers. I still don't see why you're in love with roses because my lilies can make your roses run for their money. I've spent a lot of time here and if I don't get home soon, I'm gonna get the whooping of my life but I'll definitely come next week okay."

Alex got up and dusted the sand off his jeans. He placed the roses near the grave written

            "Here lies Leonard Cohen.
       Beloved son,brother and friend"

"I really miss you. I wish I'd stopped you that day. No one wants to talk to me in school and I have no one now. You were the only one that was there for me and now you're not here. I hope you're well there because you deserve it."

"BYEE." He waved as he disappeared from the gates of the cemetery and onto his way home.

____________________________________________

456 WORDS