INTRODUCTION

┌─────── •✧• ───────┐
WHAT WE DO
IN THE SHADOWS
"Unrequited love's a bitch."
└─────── •✧• ───────┘

gif banner by skainatblida

LOADING. . .

NOW PLAYING: SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS) by EURYTHMICS

1:47 —————|———— 3:36

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

VOLUME: ■■■■■□□□

LAURA FAIRER HAS A SECRET. In a town like Hawkins, Indiana, where practically everyone knows everyone, that's a dangerous thing. Gossip spreads like wildfire. Dull weekdays are interpolated by teenagers scavenging for anything to lift their lackluster spirits. Like bloodhounds on a trial, they latch onto any bit of scandal they can catch wind of.

So Laura tries painfully hard to appear normal. She has a perfectly normal set of friends — Barbara Holland and Nancy Wheeler — and a perfectly normal job at a local diner. She'd had her first kiss with a boy during a game of spin the bottle at thirteen. She brushes off questions about her dating life with excuses that she's focusing on her studies.

But the clock is ticking. And each time she finds it nearly impossible to tear her longing gaze away from Nancy before she notices feels like it's tick-tocking closer to her inevitable doom.

The mediocrity of Hawkins is disrupted with the disappearance of Will Byers, a friend of Nancy's younger brother. It's strange enough for their sleepy little town. People rarely go missing. People rarely vanish from thin air. So when the search for Will drags an unlikely gang of people down a rabbit hole of supernatural secrets, Laura realizes that her Midwestern city is anything but ordinary.