2. how wonderful life is while you're in the world ♪♬

Break starts.

And thankfully the amount of Baby Shark lessens after the Friday incident. Pran's soulmate got both lessons loud and clear, which makes his chest warm. Without trying to communicate with the titles or a mashup, his soulmate got it.

He understood.

Although now every Friday his soulmate plays Friday, which is not something Pran thought he would find half as endearing as he does.

His soulmate's actual music taste comes through as well as the weeks go by. Mainly mainstream pop music, a bunch of Taylor Swift, music from tv shows and movies (but not musicals, unless they're movie musicals like Grease or High School Musical), and songs that Pran would consider to be from his own childhood (a good example is the entire week he had to hear songs only from Victorious (which was pretty fun, he's not gonna lie)).

He deduces that Baby Shark is an anomaly. Probably something his soulmate heard from babysitting or something and just got stuck in his head. Pran's had songs like that as well.

He can deal with a nostalgic, or even a childish type of guy as a soulmate. That type of person might even balance himself out.

But when he's having dinner with his parents and his mom asks him what songs his soulmate listened to that day, he doesn't know what to say. It's not like he can tell her the truth. Well, he can, but does he think she'd find it as charming as he does? Not particularly.

He knows his mom would stick her nose up and his dad would likely follow suit, even if he disagrees. (Which, he wouldn't because Passin and Dissaya have many things in common and believing their music taste to be superior is definitely one of them.)

He mainly replies by saying they wouldn't know the song, but that doesn't stop either of his parents from bringing up the topic of his soulmate each and every night. Whether it's Dissaya asking for information, Passin asking if Pran needs any help with song selections, or both of them offering to create a special mix for him to communicate directly with his soulmate (they ask this at least once a day, since it is how the two of them first met each other after all).

It leaves Pran each night wishing that he could go back to before he turned nineteen–but then his soulmate would listen to some random song and his heart would be put at ease.

Some nights his mare asks what recent songs Pran himself has been listening to and Pran has to lie.

Not because he's ashamed of his own music taste, but because he hasn't been listening to much lately.

Truthfully, he's afraid. He doesn't want to overwhelm his soulmate with how much music he listens to, and plus, there aren't people around his age that are into classical music as much as he is. Which is why when he does listen to music, he's limited it to musical theater and the other random songs that he enjoys.

It's also why he begged his parents not to play music when they eat anymore. They almost didn't say yes but then Pran said that he would wear earplugs during dinner and they relented because they'd rather talk to him than have him be silent at the table with them.

And then there's his guitar.

His soulmate wouldn't hear him fully, but for the rest of his life he'd never be truly alone while playing. His soulmate wouldn't hear his voice, but they would hear the music he makes with the instrument, and even though that isn't as invasive, it still makes him conscious of his audience.

He knows one day he will love that his soulmate gets to hear that part of him, he's dreamed of it, but he forgot that it also means he will never be alone with his music anymore.