Chapter 24: Death of the Undying

Start from the beginning

"Now I've got something to hold over the senior staff. That's a good enough catch. We're pulling back."

After colonel said that, Barry ran inside, rushing to the criminal to finally relieve his fantasy of cutting up his human body.

"Tell me why we had to include him into the operation."

"Actually.. this works to our advantage. Let's make use of our rank"

We followed Barry and informed scientists about a crazed killer running through the building.

"Please evacuate the premises. A crazed serial killer has entered the building."

"All remaining personnel, evacuate immediately! The intruder is a violent killer. Leave his capture to us."

Another officer was advised by mustang to guard every exit in the area as we started moving downstairs. We entered a vast. Empty, and hollow hallway. There, we were left with no choice but to split up.

"Where has Barry gone off to?"

"Could this night get any worse."

We split off into groups. Havoc and mustang went to the left while Hawkeye, Alphonse, and I went towards the right. We jogged for who knows how long until we heard gun shots and an explosion.

"What was that?"

"Colonel..."

"Should we go back and investigate?"

Silence followed until Hawkeye said,

"Y/n, give the colonel some backup. Alphonse and I will go ahead."

"Alright, be careful Hawkeye, Al."

I started running the opposite direction, I couldn't help but feel a pit in my stomach start to grow as soon as heard a door creak from where Al and Hawkeye were from.

A couple of seconds after I passed the entrance to the hallway, a distinct smell of charred flesh was in the air. Then followed a loud thump before I heard another thump. I could see a woman wearing a black dress with messy wavy hair walk out. By now, the pit in my stomach felt like it could swallow me whole when I saw her chest tattoo.

"My, my~ what do we have here? If it isn't the Pura aqua alchemist."

"Who the hell are you.."

She walked towards me. The clicking from her heels echoed throughout the hallway. Every step she took made my legs stiffen.

"Such a shame, it's bad enough I had to kill one candidate. Why don't you just run along and go home to your little family?~ I'm sure they wouldn't want another funeral to attend to."

"Who the fuck do you think you are."

"Let's see how long you can last."

Her fingers extended into the very same spears I saw ages ago at the fifth laboratory. With one swipe she attempted to sever my arm before I let the blade come out of the slit in my mechanics arm just in time to block.

I rushed to the side of her neck before I saw her grab my left arm, twisted it. She tripped me down to the floor and whispered into me ear,

"It's a real shame, Maes Hughes was a smart man. I guess he couldn't pass that on to you."

She stabbed me in my abdomen before walking off to where Al and Hawkeye went. I heard the clicking echo before it became rather distant. I tried to prop myself against the wall but it was too painful to do so. I heard coughing from the room nearby.

"Y/n.... Y/n? Are you alive?"

"Just barely.. I didn't bring enough pouches and I can't reach the one in my pants."

I flipped onto my stomach and tried to get up, I never expected the woman to be incredibly strong. I stumbled into the room before I was able to crash onto the floor. I felt the blood gush out as soon as I fell.

"Shit.. Colonel where are you?"

The room was so dark, I saw an unconscious Havoc bleeding out. I heard frustrated grunting I heard the colonel finish whatever he was doing. I flipped onto my back before finally seeing some light from the colonel.

The colonel walked towards me, his shirt unbuttoned and a cut across his cheek. He kneeled down slowly.

"Where'd she stab you?"

I untucked my shirt to reveal three gaping wounds. The colonel put his arm on my back as he seared off the wound on my abdomen while hastily reconnecting some blood vessels to lessen the blood loss. The process was painful but it was better than bleeding out more.

"I don't know my fair share of medical alchemy but this'll do the job for now. Please help Havoc."

"Alright. Before you go, let me put some ice on your wound though."

Mustang nodded, I froze the left over blood before he left. Gunshots and screaming echoing while he hurried to Hawkeye. I crawled over to havoc to see the pool of blood slowly spread.

"Fuck, okay. Havoc if you can hear me, it'll get a little cold."

I tried checking breathing. He seemed to be unconscious but his heart beat was irregular. Which meant I had to work quick. His wound happened to be directly on his spine so it would be a lot more tricky to get shit done. I folded his shirt halfway up his back to prep.

I started off with transmuting his blood into ice. Which also led to his wound being blocked out my ice to solve the blood loss issue. I used the remaining blood from the puddle beneath and started drawing the medical alchemic symbol on his skin. The blue glow began to light up the room, the process of healing the actual injury began but I couldn't exactly focus on the nerve damage.

The skin on both front and back healed and the blood vessels were reconnected as best as the could but I couldn't help the internal nerve damage. I heard loud explosions come echoing down the hallway, one after the other, it echoed until it stopped.

"This is as best as I can do for now. We should head back before the homunculus from earlier comes back."

I transmuted some of the left over oxygen from air to ice directly on to my seared wound. I started stumbling with havoc on my right shoulder. I walked in the direction I assumed everyone was at. Hoping I wouldn't have to encounter the woman from earlier. I wasn't sure if I imagined it but I could've sworn I heard slow footsteps on the way back to the entrance.

"Hello?.. who's there?"

"Y/n? Where are you?"

I saw Al, Hawkeye, and a stumbling mustang.

"Al, what happened to you??.. your armor.."

"I should be asking you that y/n, here let me help you."

I felt the weight of the unconscious man being lifted but before I could say anything I felt myself feel dizzy before passing out.

——
Kind of a shorter chapter, im sorry this chapter came out late, turns out i wont have as much free time as i wanted so chapters wont be coming out weekly. There's been so much on my mind so there may or may not be another hiatus?