𝟎𝟐𝟒. ( better kisser )

Start from the beginning

the two fall into a silence after that, just silently judging the people and couples and only speaking up when something dramatic happens. it's comfortable. auroras been forcing elijah to watch shows with her since they were still in elementary school.

the quietness is interrupted when the front door opens, both aurora and elijah share a look before glancing at the hallway and waiting for whoever it is to walk out. when it's just their step dad returning from work, elijah turns back to the tv easily. aurora speaks up though, "hey, dad."

when he just glances at her once and walks past the living room into the kitchen, she bites her tongue. she's not sure why she tries when she's had a strained relationship with him for the past years.

"there's a boy outside for you, aurora," he calls out once he's in the other room.

aurora is suddenly on her feet.

"since when have you had boys waiting for you?" elijah teases, narrowing his eyes at her.

"shut up, eli." she rolls her eyes playfully, not bothering to pause the tv since she's already seen the entire season and beginning her way to the front door.

once she reaches the door, she takes in a breath, knowing who she's expecting.

she opens the door with high expectations.

"hi, aurora."

her face falls and for the genuine hundredth time today, she thinks, what the fuck?

she glances at the boy on the other side with a frown before walking away, making sure elijah didn't hear with a peak of her head around the corner. she turns back around and takes a step outside, the boy also stepping back as she closes the door behind her. "what the actual fuck are you doing here?" she exclaims as soon as she's facing him directly.

he shrugs. "you owe me an explanation."

"cameron," she sighs, shaking her head. "no i don't."

"yes you do," he crosses his arms, his face scrunching up as it's obvious he's annoyed. she's not sure why he won't just let this go when she's literally ghosted him since she left his house. "we were talking for two weeks and then you randomly lied to me and left my house with matt out of all fucking people."

aurora is already rolling her eyes. "i just wasn't as into you as i originally thought. it's not that big of a deal, just let it go."

he scoffs, shaking his head slightly. "i just think it's funny that you're doing all this just to go be with ma-"

"oh my god," aurora interrupts him with a literal groan. "you're so obsessed with him."

"really?" he raises his eyebrows at her. "that's funny as fuck coming from you, aurora."

aurora presses her lips together to refrain from responding, instead glancing off in another direction for a couple seconds. "whatever," she says once she looks back to him. "just go home, cameron."

he shakes his head before raising one of his hands and pointing to his left cheekbone. there's bruising covering it that's obviously faded a bit but it's also been a week since he took the hit. "did you know he did this?"