you can't forget me.

I

It's the usual college day for Risa. This afternoon she had finished all of her schedule. Taking sociology was hard as it already is. Today was the worst day for her.

First, she woke up late (blaming it on the alarm clock) when in reality,  it was her fault for partying on a school night. Second, she forgot to take her breakfast so she ended up hungry the whole morning. Third, she forgot to bring the portfolio that contains her paperwork today. In addition to that: she assumed that she flunked their quiz in socio class today. Lastly—

"Hey."

"Hi?" Inside she was squealing like a high school girl who saw her crush— well she did but more than talking. She was talking to her!

"Your car." Maybe it was her or the tone of her voice dropped. Risa glanced at her car, then it hit her. There was a visible dent on the left side. near the headlights. And not only was her car dented, but so was hers.

Nung ngayon lang sila nagkita ulit after graduating Senior High, kahiyaan pa ang nag-welcome sa kanila. It didn't dwell upon her that she was parking very close to the car in front of her. WORSE may kasalanan pa siya.

Risa panicked. She doesn't know how to start saying sorry. Leni kept staring at the obvious dent on her car then her eyes went back to her.

"I'll pay for it!" She quickly said. Leni, not expecting the sudden rise of voice in shock, let out a soft chuckle after.

"Ms. Risa, of course you have to pay for the damage you have caused. That's the morally correct thing to do." Ugh! How could she forget? This woman right here is a law student for God's sake.

"Then I guess we need to get both of our cars fixed then." Leni buried one of her hands inside her pocket.

"Y-Yeah...." Risa found herself stammering, almost at loss for words. Leni is attractive as hell right now! With her glasses and her clean messenger bag hanging on her shoulder. She looked really professional.

"I'll count on you. My number, take it. Call me when it's done. Until then, I'll see you very soon hopefully." Risa reached out for the paper with her phone number written on it.

"See you around campus." With that, she left.

Risa stared at the paper. She's confused as to why she's giving this to her when Risa already has her number? Had Leni forgotten that they were schoolmates back in Junior High?

[You mean Leni? Like your ultimate crush since I don't know, 8th grade?] Grace and her reaction really. It makes Risa roll her eyes most of the time.

[Yes, her. Who else?]

[Malay ko diba? Hindi lang naman siya ang nag-iisang Leni sa mundo?]

Tumawa nang mahina silang dalawa. Si Risa naman ay tumitingin sa isang bagay na nilagay niya sa mesa ng kaninang living room sa condo.

[Marami nga siyang ka-pangalan....] She smiled to herself recalling the old days. [pero hindi sila katulad niya.]

[In-love ka na naman!] Grace half-shouted, obviously she was teasing her for being 'marupok'. Matagal naman siyang marupok sa totoo lang.

"Hey, I heard you were almost late since you had to take a grab on your way here." Muntik na siyang mabulunan sa cheese sandwich na sinusubo niya. Pati sila Sonny, Leila, Grace, at Chel ay napatigil din siya usapan nila. Leni came out of nowhere, bigla na lang siyang nagsalita.

"A-Ah hirap kasi mag-book ngayon eh."

"Naks kilig naman si gaga." Biro ni Sonny. Sinipa ni Leila si Sonny para tumahimik siya.

"Figured. I had your car fixed though. You can pick it up with me if you like." Risa, hesitant to take Leni's suggestion, glanced at her friends who are nothing but a bunch of unhelpful beings.

"Nahiya lang 'yan. Sama ka na sa kanya Ris, kita na lang tayo mamaya." Sonny, who couldn't wait for Risa to respond, became a spokesperson for her. Leni arched a brow at Sonny.

"It's set. See you later." Leni left their table  with an inexplicable expression.

"Hoy 'wag kang magpadala sa karupokan mo ha. Dahan lang baka nakalimutan mo na hindi kita pinalaki ng gan'yan." Binatuhan ni Risa si Grace ng tissue. Tumawa lang ang tatlo na nanonood sa kanila.