Save Your Tears | Gojo Satoru

Start from the beginning

That's all he ever seems to do, is think. He's constantly in motion using his Reverse Curse Technique on himself, which requires a bit of brain power, and he's thinking about his students, thinking about his friends, thinking about the people he cares about... or, more so, cared about.

He takes another sip of the pineapple juice.

Fucking Suguru. Fucking--

"Hey."

Satoru is snapped out of his thoughts by Shoko's familiar voice.

He turns to her and offers her a warm smile, and she returns it and sits next to him.

"Hey!" He exclaims, feeling like he has to shout over the pounding music. "Are you ready to leave?" He asks and cranes his neck to peek behind his friend to look for the small angry woman, but Shoko shakes her head.

"No, I just came to talk to you. 'Hime is having a blast on the dance floor. You should join her," Shoko nudges his shoulder but Satoru rolls his eyes.

"I should, shouldn't I?" He chuckles, sipping on his juice again.

She nods. "Yeah. I couldn't help but notice how lonesome you seemed over here."

"Me?" Satoru scoffs, a smile perked on his lips. "Lonesome? Never. I could turn on my ankle and strike up the most interesting conversation with anyone, Shoko."

"But you're not, " she notes, leaning her chin on her palm. "Normally you'd have some poor girl on her knees on the grody bathroom floor, or in the back of the club somewhere, but you're here, Satoru. "

He chuckles at that and shakes his head. She knew him too well.

"What's up?"

"I... I don't know. I've just... been in my head as of late. Don't worry about it." He offers her a reassuring smile, but Shoko wasn't one to reciprocate.

"Shut up, Satoru. Tell me, what's going on inside that head of yours?"

Everything. Everything was going on. He kept thinking, and that seemed to be the fucking problem. He kept thinking about his past. About the people who've hurt him, who've left him, as well as the people he's hurt.

Lately, it was Suguru.

And, you.

---

"Dumbass, pick another card."

Satoru chuckles at your already tipsy state and reaches for another card.

He reads it in his head before he reads it out loud. He looks at you, who's sitting on the ground with him holding a shot glass in your hand.

"Well, what is it?" You ask, tilting your head up like you were trying to peer at his card, but Satoru snatches it from your view and pushes you away when you try to sit on both knees to peek over at it.

"Hey! Hey! You're not allowed to peek, you impatient thing," he teases, and you sit back down with a pout.

"Alright, alright. " he finally reads the card, "Take a shot, orrrrrr, kiss the person in front of you," he smirks and you let out a gasp.

"Take a shot! Take a shot! Take--" you chant, but he rolls his eyes. "Come onnnnn, you never drink, Satoru. Now's the time to drink, when it's just the two of us playing a little silly card game in my living room."

Satoru was right there with you. He wasn't sure why you were begging him to drink when he was already tipsy too. He was only three shots in, too. The audacity of a lightweight, he supposed.