Chapter two

The next morning I was up and ready at an alarming new record. My nerves about starting a new school, in a completely new country was making me want to throw up, but I knew that I couldn't. I dressed in my simple clothes yet again; beige pants, white t-shirt with a red sweater and my black Vans. I straightened my hair and only applied mascara. I'm not big on makeup.

"Lezile, we have to go!" Niall called from outside my door. He came in and stopped to look at me.

I started panicking, "what? I look horrible, don't I? I'm going to be hated for dressing too much like myself, aren't I?"

Niall smiled, "no, you look like you. I like it."

I smiled and picked up my backpack and walked past Niall and down the stairs.

"Mum, Dad, we're leaving!"

Mumcame out to the foyer and hugged Niall tightly and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "don't worry, everything is going to go great."

I smiled and nodded meekly as Niall put his hand on my back and ushered me out the door. We got into the silver Fiat in the driveway and Niall started the car and backed out and headed down the street. The driving here was very different, but I felt safe with him driving. Mainly because he knew what he was doing. We stayed silent until Niall drove into the parking lot of the school, then he must have heard my heart basically beating out of my chest, because he told me to just breathe and relax. He parked in a shady spot and we got out. Immediately, I noticed that a lot of the girls were looking at Niall. Not that I blamed them, he is beautiful. I walked nervously next to him, immediately feeling that I didn't belong. I felt his hands on my shoulders behind me, guiding me through the groups of people.

"Hey Niall, still looking good," a tall, beautiful brunette girl said to him.

Niall smiled and returned the greeting.

"Friend of yours?" I questioned, distain on my tongue.

"Not really, just someone I talk to every now and again."

By that, I'm sure he means 'bed buddy.'

He continued to look around and wield me through the teenagers. Girls staring awkwardly at me, making me feel inferior to them already.

"Niall! Man, over here!" I heard a boy shout.

"Hey!" Niall shouted back. I looked over and saw four boys sitting on a picnic table, waving Niall down. I was sure he was going to ditch me, but instead he whispered, "you're about to meet your four bestfriends."

I smiled and continued to walk towards the boys. We reached the table and I took in their faces. My goodness, they really grow them well down here.

"Hey lad!" The curly haired boy said. Only he didn't have an accent like Niall did. He was british. They all greeted Niall, and I realized they were all British. Weird.