"No, you would certainly think of that to turn more of our friends to you Cons." Grimlock grimaced.

Meanwhile, the Maximals were out patrolling for Rhinox, having been felt that their comrade to be missing.

"If I can just patch in, I can activate his comlink." Rattrap says, activating comms in hopes that Rhinox would respond.

"I say we just go after him." Cheetor proposed.

"Cool your circuits, Cheetor. First we have to find out where he is." Primal said.

"I got it!" Rattrap said upon getting Rhinox's signal. The Maximals honed in to listen what Rhinox was saying.

"If you're going to finish me anyway, then do me a favor. Shut up and get on with it." Rhinox groused.

But Megatron doesn't seem to intend to kill Rhinox.

"Now what is he up to?"

"Unethical, Shockwave."

"Thanks for the analysis, Doctor Soundwave." Breakdown commented.

"Finish you, Maximal? Noo... I've only just started with you." Megatron presses a button.

The platform's tendrils fired a steady laser that affects Rhinox in both chassis and programming.

The Dinobots growled, knowing too well the experimentations from Shockwave.

The Transmuter began to alter Rhinox, turning him to a darker version of himself...

"Rhinox -- TERRORIZE!" Rhinox transformed.

"Transmuter success: effective."

"Indeed Soundwave. What say you and I conduct..."

"I forbid it." Megatron protested.

"Lord Megatron-"

"I FORBID it, Shockwave."

"Yes, Lord Megatron."

"Afternoon, all. This a private club, or can anybody join?" Rhinox asked, in a dark tone.

"Let me be the first to welcome you. Everyone: meet -- our new Predacon." Megatron introduced.

Having overheard of the process that turned their friend to an enemy, the Maximals pondered...

"Rhinox reprogrammed as a Predacon? Oh, man." Cheetor stirs, frightened.

"Indeed, most ominous. It alters the balance of power." Dinobot replies.

"I'm talkin' about what it does to Rhinox! Better dead than Pred!" Cheetor argues.

"Some of us have survived the experience, Furball." 

Elsewhere, Rattrap tries to regain the signal to no success..

"I can't get it back... we're too far away, and there's too much interference. We'll have to get closer to the Predacon base." Rattrap transforms to Beast Mode before he can feel the Energon oversaturation.

"Yeah, real close, like through the gates with lasers blazin'!" Cheetor proposes. (Warpath: Now that's what I'm talkin' about!)

"Negative. We don't have the forces for a full-scale assault." Primal responded. (Ironhide: There goes your lasers blazin', kid.)

"Yeah, but the kid's got a point! Man, we can't just leave my pal there!"

"Oh, yes we can. That's EXACTLY what we're going to do." Primal proposes.