"d-do you really have to even reminisce that part, honey? d-don't embarrass me to our daughter..."

"well, know your place, ciro. i'm asserting dominance to tell you that i'll always be y/n's favorite."

"t-that's not fair! the two of you have always been together and i'm barely home!"

"that's not my fault now, is it?"

"m-mama, papa, please..."

ciro just pouted and left his wife alone before picking up the phone.

[good evening, mrs. leto. may i speak to your husband?]

"it's me."

[sir ciro. you left leaving a report without an order. the team would like to ask what you'd like to do with the—]

"i don't care." said ciro darkly. "torture them till you get an answer. i don't care if you kill them too. i have more means to get what i need."

[y-yes, commander!]

"who was that?" sera asked as ciro sits back between his girls.

"it was an officer. he was asking me what we could do with the captives we've got."

"does he really have to ask you? ah, did you get a promotion?" sena asked again.

"yep! i'm a lieutenant now!"

that made sena and y/n go oooohhh as they congratulate ciro.

leto ciro, lead commander of the department of state security in the guise of a civil servant for the protection of his own family.

his job consists of hidden security and protection for those who are at the top, but at the same time, they are the heroes in the shadow of the civilians.

he hasn't told anyone, not even his wife. but knowing how smart sena is, it's possible that she has already figured it out but only chose to stay silent for y/n's sake.

after the three bonded enough for the night, y/n helped her mother in cleaning up before they all went to bed.

"i slipped another hundred thousand yen on y/n's wallet. am i good?" sena asked excitedly.

ciro laughed, but he toned it down a bit when sena started glaring at him.

"sena, honey." ciro called. "come sit here, please," he said and patted the space beside him on the bed.

"don't tell me what to do." sena mumbled and did what she was told.

ciro hummed.

"is y/n being bullied at school?"

sena's face immediately swapped to seriousness.

"i think so." sena mumbled while biting her lower lip. "i failed to notice it. maybe because she's all smiley and cute at home... i'm so stupid." she mumbled.

"no, no, it's no one's fault. let's not blame anyone including yourself okay?" ciro said while cupping his wife's cheeks.

"i'm too busy at work even on saturdays. i don't even know why i work a lot for the past few months that i'm barely bonding with our only child."

"should we give her a new one hehe—"

"don't hehe me!"

"i'm just kidding!"

"... ciro, honey. i think i'm missing my old job."

ciro smiled and gently kissed sena's forehead.

"if you want to go back, you could. that way you can spend more time with y/n while doing the thing you love."