3 - An Animal

Don't fall for me. Totsuka would ponder Mikoto's words from the night before as he enters his apartment. What did he mean by that? Was there something he was hiding that he didn't want Tatara to see? Totsuka shakes his head at the thought. Of course there wasn't anything the other was hiding, he just probably wanted to keep their relationship strictly professional. Then again...

What the hell was with that kiss?

Totsuka's mind wandered to Mikoto's warmth, how sweet the kiss was, as if they've known eachother forever. But perhaps it was just a tease. He tried not to overthink it as time passes and they'd talk to one another and Totsuka learns a thing or two about Mikoto, although they're not necessarily massively important things. His last name is Suoh and the only thing he likes other than meat would be strawberries and anything strawberry flavored. How cute.

And after agreeing to meet up quite a few times, talk consisted less of anything work related and felt more so like... dates. Mikoto seemed different too and Totsuka couldn't help but get more and more flustered as he realizes he's starting to fall in love. With his editor. With this handsome hunk who he wouldn't mind allowing whatever he wanted to do with him. And he was sure Mikoto hadn't felt the same way but couldn't help questioning the way the man looked at him, it was a much different look than the few days of their blossoming friendship that they spent together.

The moments they'd spend together before saying goodbye consisted of their gaze lingering, with Tatara even noticing Mikoto's eyes moving to his lips before they pulled further away in a temporary farewell.

Then the next time they see one another, Mikoto was off. Totsuka couldn't quite put a finger on it, but something seemed wrong. Could it have been the wild look in his eyes or that his pupils were more red than usual? Or could it have been the way he left his meat half raw and chowing on it as if his life depended on it? Or was it the animalistic growls that would escape him as he'd walk towards Totsuka?

Tatara would look up at him in curiosity, noticing canines sticking slightly out from under his bottom lip. "Mikoto? What's that?" Mikoto looks down at him, seemingly glaring at him and Tatara almost winced, wondering if he did something wrong. Mikoto would then grab his shoulders and start pushing him back against the wall before leaning in, his breath on Totsuka's neck. His hand moves up to the back of Totsuka's neck and he growls, his growl being so animalistic and not at all human-sounding. Totsuka shudders at his touch, closing his eyes before Mikoto jerks back.

"You should go."

"Huh?" Totsuka's eyes snap open and he looks to Mikoto whose eyes were wide. Mikoto would then turn him and push him towards the door, and boy were his nails suddenly long and sharper than before. "M-Mikoto?"

"Stay away," Mikoto about snarls, "For... for two nights."

"What? Mikoto, why--"

"Just-!" Mikoto's hands about bunched up around Totsuka's neck and he fought to keep his hands off of him, but Totsuka couldn't see his struggle, shoving Totsuka out into the hall before slamming the door behind him. Totsuka stands there, staring at the door in shock. He opens his mouth to call for the other, pausing only when he sees a scratch mark -- no, a claw mark, on the door. A mark that wasn't there until Mikoto shoved him out.

Was... Mikoto something other than a human?