"Eddie?"

"Eddie, come on!" He ignores us and cuts the tied bedsheets and moves the mattress so he's stuck there and we can't go back.

"Eddie, no!" I shout in fear.

"Eddie, please!"

"Eddie, what are you doing?"

"Buying more time." He looks up at us before going out into the open.

I look at Dustin with tears in my eyes as we both panic. I grab a chair and line it up with the gate. Before I do anything else, I turn to Dustin.

"You have to stay here, okay?"

"What, no!"

"Dustin, please!"

"No! I know I can't stop you from going back, but I'm not letting you go alone!" He argues.

"Fine! But stay close!"

"Okay!"

Once again, Dustin jumps through first. He comes out with a limp, but somehow, I land fine. With my equipment at the ready, we rush out of the door. And start calling his name. As we get closer, we see the bats circling what we can only guess is Eddie. I start firing at them again and Dustin does his best to run to him. They start to drop around him with each arrow.

"Shit!" I ran out of arrows. Suddenly, the bats disappear. "Eddie!" I drop the bow and sprint to him - Dustin is already holding him.

"Hey, I didn't run away this time, right?"

"No, no, no, no, you didn't run." Dustin assures him.

"I-I tried to shoot them off you. I ran out of stupid arrows." I tell him as I look down at his bloodied body.

"But you didn't miss once." He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"I can't save you." I cry.

"You already did. I never felt like a freak around you."

"Because you're not."

"Promise me you're gonna look after her and my sheep." He talks to Dustin.

"No, man. You're gonna do that yourself."

"Promise."

"I promise."

"It's finally my year. I love you guys."

"I love you too."

"I love you, Eddie." I look down and realise he's not moving - not breathing. "Eddie? Eddie? Eddie!" I sob into his chest.

"Eddie, wake up, please." Dustin begs and hugs me and his corpse.

2 days later...

It's been 2 days since Eddie died - I miss him so much. We couldn't even bring his body home. I haven't left Dustin's side since that moment and now I never will. Today, the rest of the upside down team are going to donate stuff for families who lost stuff because of the "earthquake".

When we walk through door, we hand over boxes before we split up - obviously I stay with Henderson. It's packed with scared residents. We walk by the wall of missing people. Immediately, I notice a vandalised picture of Eddie and begin to tear up. I want to rip it down and scream. These people still see him as some freak murderer. They never knew him like we did. They didn't deserve him. Eds, if you can hear this - I hope you can... Eddie you deserved the world - but it didn't deserve you. I want to yell about the truth, but I know that'll only make things worse and Eddie wouldn't want that for us. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my arm.