CHAPTER 8

Gayoon woke up feeling better the next morning.

She had enough time to take a calm shower and put on a little makeup, feeling nice enough to wear brighter-colored clothes.

As if her brain is now trained to divert to Donghyuck, she diligently made two sandwiches and packed banana milk alongside them.

Instead of calling her cousins to pick her up, Gayoon just took a walk to the university—the dorm is just ten minutes away from it.

Students began greeting her warmly like usual, with Gayoon responding back or just smiling at them.

She hoped to see Donghyuck at least, having a chance to give him the snacks if he hadn't eaten yet.

Their relationship is still a blur—just a tattoo to connect them—but with its countless magic, Gayoon admits that she's starting to feel a little—a little flutter.

"Shin Gayoon?"

Gayoon immediately looked over, and her face brightened with a smile. "You're Mark?"

Mark nodded. "That's me. And you? You passed by your building."

"Oh, I just want to.."

Mark just stared at her, eagerly waiting for an answer.

"Donghyuck" she only said

"Ah! Hahahaha, of course, you two. Gosh, I momentarily forgot about it." He just laughed it off. "Well, we can go together then; he's not answering my texts since last night."

"He's not?" Gayoon worried. "Did something really happen?"

"Hmm?"

"Oh well, I called him last night; my heart clenched badly."

Mark's eyes widened. "Did you ask him?"

"I didn't," she apologetically smiled. "I still don't want to cross the line. We're not still, you know."

He nodded. "I'm so sorry for him."

"I told him to hang on and that I wouldn't give up on him."

"That's.. thank you, Gayoon." He looked over her with a genuine smile.

Gayoon chuckled. "I'm starting to get really, really curious. You and Jeno want me to do so much."

"Oh, we are. Sorry, uhh.. I just mean—"

"Mark, please, you're rambling!" she laughed, lightly hitting his arm. "It's okay. Just like I said, I won't give up."

Gayoon abruptly stopped, and Mark looked at her curiously.

Seeing that she literally looked frozen, he followed where she was looking, and his heart leaped in shock.

Mark didn't know what to say as he flickered his gaze back to the girl and onto his cousin, who's with someone.

Where Donghyuck is standing, with a girl on the wall. He was in front of her, smiling sweetly while talking about something. Her, looking up at him, a hand on his arm.