Hena saw it, and after finding out that she was left there at the gate when her parents also separated, she knew she had to do something. And Hena knew that was the best thing she could do for her son—for him to at least have a sibling figure beside him.

Now here they are: Donghyuck is 23 while Yizhuo is 20—watching each other grow since then.

"Guess what!" Yizhuo exclaimed again with a giggle.

Donghyuck sighed, "What?"

"Tadaaaa!" she proudly showed her soulmate tattoo. Though obviously still not completely bonded, it's surely visible now that she's passed 18 years old.

"Huh, praying for your soulmate to endure your megaphone self."

"Hey, it's what makes me! If my soulmate doesn't like it, then..." she pouted.

Donghyuck chuckled and ruffled her hair. "I'll beat him myself."

"Right? I know you love me." Yizhuo launched at him with a kissy face, making Donghyuck yell in disgust while shoving her face away.

Hena, however, is just in the kitchen area, making pre-made foods to store in the male's empty refrigerator. She has a small smile on her face while glancing at the two.

She's happy; she knows it; she has to. It's just that she can't fully feel it.

And she knows Donghyuck is scared to experience it too. She knows his son doesn't want to meet his soulmate because of it.

Gayoon felt a clench on her chest while she was taking out trash.

Her knees almost weakened because of it—a subconscious feeling, but something badly worrying.

When she regained composure, she took a deep breath and quickly went up again in her dorm room.

Picking up her phone, she immediately scrolled through her contacts, also cussing herself out for forgetting that she didn't have his number.

The clench subsided after a few more seconds, yet Gayoon is still dead curious—scared, actually.

Remembering that she had a small conversation with Jeno regarding the clubs, Gayoon immediately typed in a favor, impatiently waiting for a response.

╭─────────────────╮

Lee Jeno