Chapter 11| We used to be best buddies

....

"I can't believe you three snuck out to a party" Lila was breathing heavily in the car as she drove us home. The three of us clustered in the back seat of her car, still dressed in our grass skirts.

But why can't she believe it, we're teenagers that's exactly what we're supposed to do.

"How did you find us?. How did you know we were there" Omar asked.

"I tracked Levi's phone" Omar and I immediately turned to Levi with a frown.

"And I saw Ree get into a car" it was my turn to receive the frown. I rolled my eyes at them.

"You three could have just told me you all wanted to attend a party. Levi what have I told you about leaving the house without letting me know where you're going?."

"It was just a harmless party, we were about to leave, right Omar?."

"Yes."

"And Ree. Kissing a boy like that!."

"It wasn't a real kiss, it was just like a hug" I said in exasperation.

"Ohh" Omar and Jax teased.

"Zip it you two!" We were now close to our street, "I know what I saw, I saw that boys hand all over your neck. Do you know teenage pregnancy happens?!."

"Ohhhhhh."

Oh no she didn't!. I covered my ears in shame leaning closer to my knees. Ah geez!. Omar and Levi started "Ohhhh" ing again.

Teenage pregnancy?, I've never even thought of that!. It could never happen to me!. No sex before marriage!. I'm a sensible girl, i know what I'm doing and how to protect myself.

"That place was so rough, dangerous and crowded. You could see all those boys parading with no shirt on, looking for innocent girls to play with!."

We were now right in front of our gate. Omar got out to open the gate so that Lila could drive in, since we didn't have a gateman.

"Look" I began, "I've actually stayed out later than this before and nothing happened. We've been practically living alone for so long and nothing has happened. We can take care of ourselves" that sounded sad saying it out loud.

"Yeah, and it was Ree's friend party. We were completely safe" Levi sided, "With no alcohol."

Lila growled and drove into the house, Omar locked the gates, we alighted and went into the house, Lila stumping her foot angrily as she walked.

"What's that smell?" Omar asked as the three of us bump our butts down on the chair, no one gave him an answer. Lila walked briskly to and fro in front of us for a while, kinda like a disappointed mom would. It felt sort of nice.

"Are you not a Muslim?" Lila suddenly came to a halt and faced me squarely.

Hmm, Okay, '"Yes, I am" I answered, unsure of what that had to do with it.

Lila folded her arms sausily under her breast and stared at me closely.

I blinked rapidly in confusion, what's with the face, "Do I have a red panda tattoo on my forehead?."

"Oh, you better not" she narrowed her gaze towards my forehead for a while, and then said, "I thought Muslims aren't allowed to have boyfriends or date."

Where is she heading with this?. Why did she bring that up?. Why is she facing me for goodness sake?. I cleared my throat as calmly as I could, "No, we are not. I don't have a boyfriend" I was starting to become uncomfortable.