The moment Natasha walked into the living room, she tightened the grip on her niece, keeping the child from pulling away. Vera whined in discomfort, but Yelena needed to make sure her sister was not abandoning that kid right there in front of her, not like Natasha did to her after escaping the Red Room.

"You finally remembered you have a family, huh?" the blonde stared at her sister.

"Yelena-"

"No. You told your daughter you would be back for her to blow her birthday candles and it's way past her bedtime" she pointed out angrily, still keeping a tight hold around the little one. "She's been waiting for you for hours"

"I know. I'm sorry" Natasha apologized.

"That's all you're going to say?" She could not avoid questioning the Avenger in front of her. "I don't care if you want to go back to play superheroes with your boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend" her older sister answered quickly.

"Whatever" she sighed. "Just don't give her hope if you're going to leave eventually" she shook her head, to which her niece flinched in her arms.

"I'm not leaving and even if I did, she would come with me and you too, if you wanted to, Yelena" Natasha assured them both, approaching them slowly. "I know you're still hurt because I didn't come back for you and there's no going to be a day I won't regret it, sestra" her sister admitted, staring directly into her eyes. "Come here"

Still with Vera in her arms, she was pulled into an embrace, leaning into her big sister's affectionate touch. It would take time for Yelena to heal, but she would never say no to a comfort hug from Natasha.

Vera got herself in between both women, her little hands forming fists around her Mama's t-shirt as her face pressed against Nat's neck, so neither of them would be able to pull her away.

"I got you, sweet girl" the older woman kissed her daughter's forehead, gently rubbing the child's back with the hand that was not holding her baby sister close to her. "They want to meet you both"

Yelena frowned at those words, being a little unsure about actually meeting her sister's friends, the Avengers.

-/-

VERA'S P.O.V

Vera kept her face hidden in her Mama's shoulder as they approached the Avengers, her arms around Natasha's neck while gripping tightly the koala that Yelena had bought for her. There was something comforting about keeping it close.

The young girl stared at Yelena with nervousness as she heard them talk, trying to decipher what the young woman was actually thinking.

She knew Tasha trusted the Avengers, but Tetushka did not seem to do it, instead she seemed to be uncomfortable being there.

The ten year old had only seen the Avengers when the battle of New York happened since the Red Room had shown her the whole footage. However, after realizing that she was being motivated by their heroics, the General commanded to only show her the Black Widow's fights so she would be able to copy her fighting style.

She barely looked at them while they were being introduced, only trying to hide her face even more after everyone stared in her direction.

"Hey, it's okay, baby" her mama whispered. "They're just friends and they won't hurt you, remember?" Tasha kissed her cheek.

Before leaving, Natasha had sat her down to explain everything that they would be doing and who they were meeting, so it would feel safer for her. But it was still hard to trust them.

She held Tasha's hand tightly as they walked around St. Petersburg. There were a lot of curious stares from people that recognized them, which was a dangerous thing since the Avengers were on the run.

"So what's your little friend's name?" the woman that had been introduced as Wanda asked her while pointing to the stuffed toy she held close.

"She's shy, aren't you, sweet girl?" Nat wrapped an arm around her when she pressed herself to the woman's side. "It doesn't have a name, yet, right?"
She nodded slightly at the question, barely looking at Wanda while doing so. She did not know if she would ever name it, without one, in case it was taken away from her, it would be less painful.

Vera tripped with her own feet, a hand gripping her shoulder to stop her from falling. The young girl, startled because of the sudden touch, grabbed the attacker's wrist, her inner widow instincts coming out as she twisted their arm behind their back, roughly pushing them to the ground. She did not stop until she felt like she was in control.

"Release, widow" a hand was placed on the back of her neck as the command was given, so she did as told.

As the ten year old slowly recovered her senses, she saw Captain America on his knees, Natasha releasing her from the grip on her neck as the rest stared at her with surprised looks on their faces.

"Come here, baby" her Mama scooped her up. "Never ever touch a widow without a warning, Steve" Natasha said, swaying her little girl soothingly since the child had started to hyperventilate.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt him" Vera murmured. "I can be a perfect widow" there was fear in her voice of being punished or her mama just leaving her as Dreykov used to tell her, all because of her mistake.

"It's okay, sweetie. No one is upset" the woman assured her. "And I don't need you to be a perfect widow, okay?" Tasha waited for her to nod before kissing her forehead.

"Lessons learnt. I won't do that again" Captain America said.

"What exactly? Being defeated by a ten year old or triggering a widow?" Yelena questioned him mockingly.

"That was a good one!" the man introduced as Sam laughed.

"Both" Steve answered. "She's extremely strong for being so young" he commented while observing her as Nat chuckled.

"And what were you expecting, Cap? She's my child" her Mama told him as if she was really proud of her skills.

"I can't wait for Alexei to hear this" Yelena said, getting her big sister to glare at her with a smirk. "Proud of you, Little Widow" Tetushka ruffled her hair as she smiled a little.

"Stop calling my daughter that" Nat warned as she looked at her aunt.

"Ugh, no fun, Natasha" Yelena complained with a pout. "You're still Little Widow for me" the young woman mouthed to her, getting her to hide her slight nod by pressing her face into her Mama's shoulder.

She would always be Little Widow.

Hi!

I'm so sorry it took me so long to update the story. I'm kind of stuck right now with a writer's block, so if you have any suggestions, let me know to see if I'm able to work that into the story.

What do you think about Bucky being Vera's dad? In the Black Widow comics the WinterWidow ship is canon. I'm not thinking about it happening in the story since it never happened in the MCU, but maybe the background story from when Natasha was in the Red Room.

Like maybe Dreykov tested how their genetics combined together and realized that he would have one of the strongest and deadliest widows.

Thanks so much for reading, let me know what you think,

Ayrin