The Crazy Life of A Jackson

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the Percy jackson characters. I wish I did though! That would be awesome!

If there is one thing that I have learned in my insane life is that haters don't die. They just multiply. I know this because every year, a new posse of people decides to be my haters!

My name is Addison Jackson. I have ADHD and Dyslexia. Every year, I have to go to a different school!

No, not because we move, but because I always get myself kicked out of schools.

So, if I had to sum my life up in one word I would either say suck-ish or insane. Yeah. Either of those would work!

I am currently supposed to be in 7th grade.

What happened last year, was that I was sitting in class and my group of haters, the pink girls, (ugh! I get shivers just thinking about them!!!) ( they were the worst) were shooting spit balls at my head. One girl sits directly behind me and there are two more on either side of the classroom. They aren't ADHD so they are teachers pets and NEVER get in trouble! They always blame it on me even if I'm all the way across the room and doing my work! Well anyways, I was trying to endure their pink spitballs ( yes I said pink. As I said before, they are the pink girls! All pink, all the time. Makes me want to puke!) and one came and hit my eye. I had spitballs in my hair and some were stuck to my face. I was trying to not give them the satisfaction of me yelling and getting in trouble. So far, I was just about to break that goal!

When it hit me in the eye, I gave them one of my looks that can kill and went back to listening to the extremely boring lecture about ancient Greece.

Now, I know what your thinking, (hopefully!) if ur ADHD, why are you able to listen in class?

Well, some of us are able to control ourselves! And I, am definitily NOT one of those special people! The only thing keeping me from exploding on the girls was my dad. It seemed like every time I got kicked out of a school, he got mad! (And I should probably mention he has quite a short temper!!!!)

I did NOT want to upset him again!! I kept saying that in my head to keep myself from doing something that would get me in trouble.

It seemed that the only teacher who noticed when they were doing things to me was mr. Brunner.

But today, he didn't seem to notice what they were doing.

I raised my hand.

" yes Addison?" he asked.

"can I go to the bathroom to get the spitballs out of my hair? And may I note that they are pink as in coming from some certain people!" I said as I pointed at the three girls.

"yes you may." he said. " and you three girls will have detention this afternoon!"

" thank you...." I broke off as the three girls grew into something I never expected to see in my life.

"ADDISON!" mr. Brunner screamed. " run home to your father and tell him I said it's time! He will know what I mean!"

I was in such shock I didn't stop to think before running out of the building at top speed. Where? I had no idea! Just away from those hideous creatures which I only believed to be myths.

Mr. Brunner had said to go home but after I thought about it a little bit, I realized that my dad should be at work not at home.

It was a good thing that my dad had taken me to work with him one day and I remembered that his building was within walking distance and I remembered the way.

I burst in the door and ran straight through all the offices and the metal detector for that matter! I reached my dads office and asked his secretary if I could see him.

She said sure and I ran into his office.

I was out of breath when I sat down in the chair across from his.

He asked me what was wrong and I told him in between gulps of breath. ( may I add that I ran the whole way there!) " mr....... Brunner said that......... It's time.... And you would understand!"

He handed me a cup of water with a look in his eyes that scared me.

After a few seconds, he turned to me and said, "we have to get in the car NOW Addison!"

He jumped up finally coming out of his shocked state. He grabbed his phone and jacket and walked quickly to the door.

When he reached the door of his office, he jerked it open and ran over to the door. I was right behind him but before I ran to the door I quickly turned to his secretary and said, " sorry!"

She looked like she was about to say something but decided not to.

I ran out the door after my dad and jumped in the car.

He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot and on to the main road. He started down the road like a mad man.

After a few minutes questions started building up inside me. And all at once, as if an overflowing cup, they spilled out.

" what were those things at school dad? What did mr. Brunner mean when he said that you would understand? Where are we going? What did he mean by it's time?" they all came out in a matter of seconds.

" Whoaaa! One at a time! Ok, well first of all, I don't know what those things were because i wasn't there!! two, we are going to a special camp for people like us!" he answered.

" ok, one more question, what do you mean by people like us?"

" ok. Addison, you know all the Greek myths like all the gods and stuff, yeah. They are real and live here in america."

I just sat there and stared at my dad with a look that said, " uhhh ok! You have officially lost it!"

"You don't believe me?" he asked.

" dad, I can honestly say that I don't believe you!"

" ok, well after I do this, can you guess who my dad is?" he asked

All of a sudden, the water tower we were passing exploded and the thing is, my dad had his hand out and was seemingly guiding the water!

Thank goodness we were on a back road and there was no one else there. He took the water and dropped it on the car. It sounded like someone had pelted the car with drum sets.

He laughed. " looks like we don't have to go to the car wash anymore!"

I, on the other hand, wasn't laughing. I was sitting there staring at my dad open-mouthed. finally, I came out of the shock and said, " either that was a freak accident, or your dad is Poseiden!"

We were just sitting in the road, and there was an un-earthly screech.

Now it was my dads turn to be shocked.

" do you know what that is dad?!"

" oh yeah I know what that is! That's the furies!!"

"THEY'RE REAL?!" I screamed.

" uh, yeah!" my dad answered in a voice that implied that I should know this already.

My dad started driving at a speed that definitly would NOT be legal.

We finally stopped after about five minutes which should have been ten, but based on the speed my dad was driving at, that wasn't gonna be happening today.

My dad got out of the car an I instinctively followed him. He started running up a hill.

" this is half-blood hill!" he yelled over his shoulder.

" less talk, more run!" I answered.

We rounded over the top of the hill and kept running til we came to a big, white house.