"hot headed"

Y/n's POV

"SON OF A BITCH" I heard my father yell.

I was in the middle of writing apology letters to all the swordsmen that have been terrorized by my father but I had to drop what I was doing and see if my dad was okay.

"Dad is everything alright?" I ran out of my room. "That damn Kamado kid broke his sword again" he said to me. "It's okay dad, you can make another sword that's even more strong" I tried to calm him down. "That's not the problem. Who does he think he is? Just breaking sword after sword. Does he know how much effort goes into those swords? I'm gonna show him a piece of my mind when I see him" he ranted. "Maybe I should deliver the sword" I suggested. "Nope, I'm not letting you go by yourself" he quickly denied. "Come on dad, I'm fifteen now and you've taught me how to protect myself" I tried to convince him. "Fine, but if you get hurt you know what's gonna happen" he gave in. "I know" I replied to him.

I went into the kitchen to make mitarashi dango for my dad. I needed to calm him down before he took his anger out on someone else. My father's name is Hotaru Hanganezuka and he's a swordsmith. Although I'm his daughter I've been told that I look like my mother. I don't know if that's true or not because she died giving birth to me. I knew not to ask my dad about her and no one will tell me what she's like so I gave up on asking about her. But from what I know I have her long dark brown hair but my dad's green eyes.

"Dad, I made you dango" I walked in on him making the new sword.

He ignored me because he was so in the zone.

"Dad I made you food" I spoke a little louder.

Still no response.

"Dad stop what doing and eat dammit!" I lost my patience. "Oh sorry Y/n. Thank you for the food" he smiled softly at me.

My dad was always very hot headed but had a soft spot for me. Grandpa Tecchin always tells me it's because I look so similar to my mom so my dad can't bring himself to act like he does with others. He must've loved her very much because he's very protective of me and he treats me better than the swords he makes. After about two weeks, my dad finished the sword.

"Y/n come here" my father called out to me. "Are you ready?" he asked me.

I nodded my head. He tied the sword to my back and then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"You know where to go right?" he asked me. "The butterfly mansion" I replied to him. "Be safe out there" he said to me. "I will" I said before giving him a hug.

And then I was on my way to the butterfly mansion.

Tanjiro's POV

While I was in the dining room, I was preparing for whatever abuse Mr. Haganezuka was going to make me endure. I threw my sword at a demon and never got it back. The way I was going get my butt kicked was already traumatizing.

"Tanjiro, Mr. Haganezuka will be here any moment now" Shinobu reminded me. "Thank you" I replied to her.

I walked outside and sat on the porch as I waited for Mr. Haganezuka to come and chase me with a knife. Zenitsu and Inosuke sat down and waited for me.

"Is Mr. Haganezuka gonna be mad again?" Zenitsu asked me. "Most likely, I was being reckless and I threw my sword at a demon, it's my fault" I explained to him. "Don't worry Monjiro, we were all pretty pissed at that basketball looking demon" Inosuke tried to make me feel better. "I hear the bells on his hat" Zenitsu said. "Good luck Tanjiro, it was nice knowing you" Shinobu teased me.

She was on the second floor and waiting for everything to unfold. To everyone's surprise, Mr. Haganezuka didn't show up. Instead, there was a girl in a tan kimono with sunflowers on it. The bell sound was coming from her bow that had the same bells as Mr. Haganezuka's hat.

"OH MY GOD SHE'S SO PRETTY" Zenitsu yelled. "Are you Mr. Kamado?" she asked me politely. "Yes I am" I replied to her. "I have your sword" she said to me. "Why don't you come inside, I'm sure you must be tired" I offered her. "Sure, thank you for your kindness" she said to me.

We sat down and she got out my sword. Everyone watched as I took it out. I could tell she was fascinated by my the sword changing color.

"I'm sorry, I'll never get used to that" she apologized. "It's fine, I'm still starstruck when I get a new sword" I said to her. "Oh um my father wanted me to give you this letter" she said to me. "Father?" I asked her. "I apologize in advance" she said to me.

I read the paper and got nervous.

TANJIRO YOU DAMN IDIOT WHY DID YOU THROW YOUR SWORD AT A DEMON?! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THROWING A SWORD ISN'T GONNA KILL A DEMON? YOU MAKE ME SEND MY DAUGHTER TO DELIVER YOUR SWORD! IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN I'LL TEAR OFF YOUR LIMBS

-Hotaru

"Mr. Haganezuka's your father?" I asked the girl. "Yeah...I'm Y/n Haganezuka" she replied to me. "No way, she's so sweet and he's so...scary" Zenitsu said. "Yeah...that's my dad" Y/n said.

Poor girl I could only imagine what happens when she gets in trouble.

"Hey Monitsu, can you read me that letter" Inosuke asked Zenitsu.

He began reading the letter to him.

"Huh your father needs to be taught some manners" Inosuke said to Y/n. "That's ironic coming from the one who doesn't know how to put on a shirt" she shot back. "Oh no..." Zenitsu and I said. "You wanna know what, fight me" Inosuke yelled. "You deserve to get hit after disrespecting my father!" Y/n yelled at him.

Y/n got up and pulled out a sharp knife and began chasing Inosuke.

"Why are you running? I thought you wanted to fight me" Y/n yelled at him

He then disappeared for a second and then threw Y/n across the room. She instantly got up and threw down her knife, walking calmly towards Inosuke before slapping him so hard that his mask flew off. He froze for a second.

"Did she smack the boar out of Inosuke?" I asked.

Y/n turned to see where the mask went. She was shocked too. Shinobu watched everything that happened and her eyes were wide open.

"Um Y/n-" Shinobu began to speak. "My apologizes Lady Shinobu, I'll pick up after myself" Y/n cut her off. "Actually, Giyuu stopped by, would you like to say hi?" she asked Y/n.

Y/n's face lit up.

"Giyuu" she said happily as she ran into his arms.

He smiled and gave her a big hug.

"Huh? Did Tomioka just smile?" Zenitsu asked. "How does she know all of these Demon Slayers?" I asked. "Although she's Hotaru's daughter, Y/n knows all of the swordsmiths, that's how she meets Demon Slayers" Shinobu explained. "Oh my goodness the last time I saw you, you were eight" Giyuu said to Y/n. "Eight?" I asked. "She came with her dad to deliver my sword" Giyuu explained.

So Y/n was popular amongst all of the slayers. I was just happy that it wasn't me getting beat up this time.