"Man, stop! Y'all embarrassing as hell." Kevin said, making Melody giggle.

"So; what's so important you using that kind of language around the breakfast table?" Karen asked, sitting down at the table.

"Nothing." Kevin lied.

"Kevin tried out for a play." Nina said, handing Karen a cup of coffee. "Good. Keep you off these fucking streets." Karen cursed. "Uh." Nina uttered. "Damn." Karen remarked. "That's two." Nina stated, making Melody laugh quietly.

Karen reached into her pocket and pulled out two dollars, handing it to Keisha.

Keisha stood up and placed the money into the swear jar behind her.

"Look, the reason I didn't tell y'all about the play is cause I might not do it." Kevin said.

"You tried out for it, didn't you? Well, we finish what we start in this family. You hear me?" Nina told him and he nodded his head.

"Now eat your breakfast, so you can walk this pretty young lady to school." Karen said.

Kevin sat back down in his seat beside Melody, as she looked over at him. Melody smiled from ear to ear, before shyly looking away and eating the rest of her pancakes. Kevin shook his head, as he smirked to himself and continued eating too.

*

MELODY DAVIS walked out the school building, with the boys. She was listening to Kevin complain about having to do the play, because Keisha had snitched on him to his parents. She actually thought it was pretty funny and entertaining.

"Man, why your sister do you like that?" Jake asked Kev. "I don't know, but now I gotta do this dumb ass play." Kevin answered. "Maybe she needs a little bit of Papa in her life to straighten her out." Papa joked, making Melody roll her eyes. "I think she already got that." Kevin remarked, laughing.

Melody looked up and saw a familiar man standing across the street. As he got closer, she realized it was the man who shot the kid. She felt her heart began to race, as she panicked on the insidez

"Kevin." Melody called, grabbing his arm. "Yeah? What's up?" Kevin asked, looking at her. "Look. Over there." Melody answered, pointing in the distance at the man. "Shit!" Kevin uttered, as he noticed Ronnie standing outside the fence.

"What?"  Papa asked. "That's the dude." Melody answered, still pointing at the dude. "That's the dude that shot the kid and chased me." Kevin said. "What he doing here?" Papa asked. "What you think he doing here? He coming after us." Melody retorted.

"Come on, y'all. We gotta go." Kevin said, as he grabbed ahold of Melody's hand.

"Where are we going?" Papa questioned.

"We'll be safe in the auditorium." Kevin said.

"Auditorium?" Jake queried.

"Mr. Williams! I see you've answered my prayers." Mr. Gasca spoke out. "What, excuse me?" Kevin questioned. "Okay, we're short a few actors. You and your friends would be perfect." Mr. Gasca said. "Oh, hell nah." Melody uttered.

"Come on, Kev!" Papa shouted, as he pushed Kevin back towards the door.

"Whoa, guys! I promise you it's super important parts!" Mr. Gasca assured.