Chapter 1

In a multiverse avatar world, where the war started by the fire nation burned rapidly across every nation. Air benders were basically wiped out and the avatar who had just finished his air training was lost in the conflict.

100 Years later.

Sokka and Katara are out fishing just a little ways off from where Aang rested in the ice. The two get into a little bit of a heated discussion but before they can continue arguing they see a fire nation ship out on the borders of the water so they run home. They didn't have any way of knowing this would change the course of fate.

Without Aang the world was over taken by fire benders. The Omashu leader, Boomie, was killed trying to lead his people in a revolt against Ozai. For the most part everyone is struggling to keep their freedom as the fire nation advances unopposed.

This is where your story begins. You had been given a chance to escape from fire nation soldiers who had arrested your whole family, a caravan of traders on their way back from water territory. You slipped away unnoticed into the night and sprinted for your life across the snow. The soldiers didn't appear to be following you.

earlier that day, before your escape, a narwhal looking animal came and crashed into the ice which contained Aang. It was a freak chance encounter that never wouldn't have occurred under normal circumstances. it had cracked the ice and Aang was freed but he had no idea where he was and he kind of had just wondering around aimlessly until he had met some penguins and then spent the day playing with them.

You skid to a halt to catch your breath. The steam from your mouth floats over you. If only you had managed to snag a sweater before you ran off. It was so cold, no doubt hyperthermia would soon come. You were considering turning back when someone came up to you.

"Hello?" He said.

"Who are you?" You question holding your arms as you shiver.

"Aang." He says approaching you cautiously. "You look cold. Let's find someplace to warm up while you tell me what I missed." He extends his hand for your hand.

You take it gratefully. "What are you doing out here in the cold?"

"I woke up a little while ago." Aang says. "I was asleep for 100 years." He says. "What are you doing in the cold?"

You shivered. "I was running away." You reply. "The fire nation has been advancing over earth territories and captured my parents. Earth benders are sent to coal camps and water benders are forced into manual labor."

Aang frowns. "I was asleep too long."

"You must be the avatar." You say. "Because you have air nomad tattoos. No air nomads exist as far as I know."

He pauses and stares at you. "None?" He questions.

You nod. "The fire nation boasted they wiped out the air nomads 100 years ago." You say with a frown. "You might be the only one."

Aang stares forward very seriously. "They came suddenly. I wasn't ready to start my avatar training. My master told me to run." He remembered. He balls up his hand into a fist of determination. "I must go see the air nomads. I'm sure they are all just hiding. I can't be the last one. He turns off in the distance and whistles. "Appa!"

On the way to the air temple you tell Aang about the war. How the leader of Omashu in the earth kingdom had fallen but had bought his people a little more time, about how some smaller villages had been taken over by the fire nation, and about how people that can bend have been forced to hide it because otherwise they were arrested by the fire nation guards and sent off to camps.

Aang nods. "Well once I speak with my master I'm sure we can come up with a plan."

This had gone just about the same way it had in other universes when he had come with Sokka and Katara. The skeletons littering the temples was too much for him to bear but he also knew there was something he needed to do while he was there.

You wait outside the big doored room while he steps inside. "Avatars of the past are here. I need to speak with them." He says.

You wait around looking at architecture and poking your head into empty rooms. There were all kinds of artifacts and whatnots laying around. It was obvious by the placement of some items that the poor air nomads had no idea they were in danger until it was too late.

You turn around to see Aang walking toward Appa with a very sort of defeated look on his face.

You follow him and he walks toward where the two of you had found the remains of other air nomads. Aang appears upset. "I'm sorry." You mumble.

Aang glances at you. "He died trying to save them. I will not let his sacrifice be in vain."

(just some plot until we can get to the good bits I promise ^.^)