Prologue

She spits out the blood onto the grass and collapses directly under the dull light of the moon. "You know this very well." She says with gritted teeth, the taste of iron lingering in her mouth.

The woman walking to her carelessly throws her knife in the air, catches it and repeats the actions, as if she is a mere insect that isn't worth the time. "You can kill me, but you cannot lay a fucking finger on my child."

The woman stops in front of her and starts laughing with tears in her eyes. The woman stays unmoving on the hard ground. In the end, the one who is left seething isn't her who is dying, but her so-called friend. "Very funny of you." She stares at the woman on the ground and fastens her grip on the knife.

"We'll see about that, won't we? Or rather, won't I? There's no reason for me to keep you alive." She stabs the woman in the eye, yanks it out and shoves it into her chest. "My job is done here," Two figures make their way out behind the trees.

"Burn it."

"Yes, ma'am!" The two men haul the body away.

She bites on her nails as she stares at the watch on her arm. They don't have that much time left. The woman briskly walked over to a tall woman sitting on the tree trunk. "How did it go on the other side?" She looked at her and gave her a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"I told you it wasn't a good idea to dive head first into this without a backup plan." She lets out an exasperated sigh as if it's a waste of time for her to say this. "They escaped."

Cursing and screaming, she sprints back into the forest. None of them will stay alive.

None.