Once we made it outside, I sighed and turned to the boys. I couldn't process this while looking after them.

"Guys, look, I can't do this. You need to bring her home so she can rest." I ordered.

"She found Will! He's alive! We have to go look for him--" Mike began to argue.

"No!" I yelled, causing the three to flinch. "Look, she needs to rest and there's something we don't understand yet. Please, just listen to me for once and take her home. Now! Give me time to process this." I begged, turning around to walk away.

"Come on, you heard her." I heard Dustin say behind me.

I got in my car and drove off. I wasn't sure where I was going or what I was doing. I ended up back at school. Just as everyone was leaving, I could see Steve walking to his car. He was alone for once and I took that opportunity to walk up to him.

I don't know why I was looking for him, but Jonathan and Nancy have been MIA all day and he was the only one I could talk to. I couldn't tell Hopper because that would only cause more problems than help.

I waited at his car and when he walked up, he stopped. I probably looked like a mess. I felt like a mess. I didn't want to believe anything I just heard, but it was clear as day. I tried to make myself look as normal as possible.

"Lilah, what's up? Are you okay? You look like you've been crying." He asked as he walked up to me. He gently grabbed my elbow and turned me so my back was facing the school and students.

"No, I haven't been crying. I'm losing my mind," I admitted, trying to shrug it off and joke about it. He looked at me with curiosity. I couldn't tell him that I knew Will was alive because he would think I'm crazy. Maybe I am going crazy.

"What's going on?" He asked. He looked concerned. I couldn't find the words to explain to him what I heard. "Is it about last night?" I looked around, trying to find an excuse.

"No, you know, I just think it's this town. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies." I chuckled, crossing my arms. His eyes narrowed as he looked around my face. He wasn't buying it.

"Right... come here." He ordered. He held out his hand, gesturing to hug him. I awkwardly walked toward him. He wrapped his arms around me and I relaxed. He gave great hugs. He was a good friend. "I know it's hard."

"I just... you don't understand, Steve." I scoffed, shutting my eyes and falling into his comforting touch.

"How... how about you come to the game tonight?" He suggested. I slowly pulled away from him and looked up at him.

"What?"

"Maybe I can help you take your mind off of it." He suggested. I ran my fingers through my hair and wondered.

"I'm grounded." I chuckled.

"You're already out." He offered, raising his eyebrow in temptation. "Come on, it'll be fun." I licked my lips, turning back to the school and then back at him. He smiled at me and I felt a warmth inside.

"Hang out with you? I have so many other amazing things to do."

"Oh, yeah, like what? Nothing's more amazing than hanging out with me." He scoffed, placing his hands on his hips.

"Watching Duke of Hazards while eating all of Hopper's food," I suggested, making him chuckle.

"You really think that's better than hanging out with me? That's very offensive." I held up my hands as if they were a scale.

"Duke of Hazards..." I gestured to my left hand. "Or hang out with Steve Harrington." I gestured to my right hand. I began to bounce my hands, eventually raising my left hand higher. "Oh no..."