9 ~ Childhood Memories

Sana's POV

My alarm rang at 5 am as always. Because of medicines I felt like sleeping more but that won't be possible as it's a Monday morning. As I tried to get up I saw a hand holding me tightly around my waist. How much only I dreamt about such a blissful morning. Carefully without disturbing his sleep I got out of his embrace and went to freshen up. I tried to wake him up. I called him once, twice, thrice no response. Oh god! How much he sleeps.

"Veer...!!!" I yelled near his ear and he woke up and sat with a jerk. He looked here and there and at last at me.

"What happened? Who died and why are you looking at me like I have grown horns?" He said in one go.

"Idiot it's 5:40 don't you have to get ready for work." I asked putting my hands on my waist.

"Oh that. Actually we are on a week's leave." He said.

"But I don't remember applying for any leave." I said.

"Because I applied on your behalf. Now sleep and let me sleep. You literally shout way too much these days." He said and again drowned into sleep. He should be named as Sleeping Handsome.

Just then I heard the door bell sound. Who could be this early morning. Wondering I went to open the door.

"Karan..!!" I yelled and hugged him and he hugged me back. I don't have any siblings but being with him I feel like I don't need a sibling. He is my brother from another mother. We both went inside and he went to the guest room to freshen up. Meanwhile I prepared a coffee for both of us.

"Thank you bhabhi." He said and we both started talking about anything and everything. After some 15 minutes he said something which really shocked me.

"Actually bhabhi I got selected for NDA." He said.

"Are you serious?" I asked him for assurance.

"Yeah. And please don't tell bhai about this. I will tell him myself. I don't know how will he react." He said in dull voice.

"But I never knew that you were interested in joining Army." I said.

"Actually no one knew about this because I never said anyone about this. Even mom and dad were unknown to this fact. When I got my recommendation letter last week, I said everyone. It was hard for me to convince mom to not to say bhaiya about this. And to be honest no one knew that when I had my written exam and when I went for SSB." He said and I was amused at this new information.

"In this whole thing I didn't understand one thing that why you didn't let anybody know about this, especially your brother." I said.

"Actually I was scared about bhai's reaction. To be honest am still scared. That's why I said dad to book the tickets and I came here. I hope he doesn't kill me." He said.

"Nonsense. He would be so proud of you." I said he just hummed and I sent him to his room to take some rest.

Suddenly a idea popped in my mind and I didn't tarry a minute before implementing it.

***************

It was around 9 am when I heard a yelling sound coming from our room. I rushed towards our room because I already knew why was he shouting. Now the fun begins.

Let me tell you what I did. Firstly I applied some white glue on his whole face and I sprinkled green, blue, pink, yellow and red colour zinc on his face and then painted his nose red. Then my subconscious said that something is missing. Then I bought some green, blue and pink colour sprays from the store room and sprayed them on his hair. And how could I forget to take a picture of this. I took a picture and came out of the room.