𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

➴╔═══════════════╗➴"We Are Open For Business!"➴╚═══════════════╝➴

➴╔═══════════════╗➴
"We Are Open For Business!"
➴╚═══════════════╝➴

Zhongli and his client walked over to a building a little way outside of Liyue. It was a small two story building with a large garden on the side with a fence that guarded the premises. Zhongli noticed that the gate was open and there was a loud argument going on from inside.

"Please sir, I told you your order was put down but we are backed up because of high amount of demand-"

"I didn't ask about that! I asked why my order wasn't ready!"

"And we told you it's because we had other orders!"

The two opened the door to be met with an outraged angry customer just barely touching noses with a male work while the female worker stood at his side.

The male was extremely tall with pale skin and long messy purple hair which was parted into two smaller loose ponytails and one large one that went around his two large horns. He was dressed nicely in apron pants and shirt. His coworker was (y/h) with (h/l) (h/t) hair. She was (y/b/t) with (s/c) skin who stood off to the side.

"Oh hello! I'm sorry for making you wait, I'll take you over here!" She said, sliding down the counter. Zhongli looked around and saw that the inside was nicely decorated and clean. It was neatly organized with examples of their work everywhere around the room.

"Hello, we wanted to talk to you about a floral arrangement for a funeral," Zhongli began as he shunned out the two men arguing beside them until they stopped.

"We don't do funeral arrangements." The man said before pulling out a notebook from under the counter and writing down what he and the client were talking about.

"Yes we do! I'm sorry, we just have a lot on our plate because of increasing popularity but we could get it to you in the next week of your order!" She said with a soft smile on her face. Zhongli had felt something seeing her smile, something familiar, a familiar warm feeling he had felt before.

"Of course that's fine, I would like a flower arrangement of glaze lilies and white roses." the client said before she pulled out a notebook and they traded information.

"That will be 5,000 mora please,"She asked as the client looked at her questioningly.

"That's really cheap for a floral arrangement, are you scamming me?" The client asked before the girl sighed before picking back up her positive attitude.

"No, I guarantee that there is nothing to worry about." She said before the client reluctantly agreed leaving 2,000 mora extra.

"Here take this mora as a tip."

"Oh sir I couldn't, this is too much!"

"It's okay, I believe you deserve it."

"Well...  okay, thank you sir. And before your leave I need you to sign a paper to verify this sale." She says writing on a piece of paper she pulled from a drawer behind the counter.

"Have a 'very' nice day sir~" The male said with malice for the other customer to respond with a grumble.

"Thank you for coming with me Zhongli, I shall take my leave to talk this over with my family." The client said with a respectful quick bow before leaving.

"Oh do you need something sir?" The woman said, turning toward Zhongli with a patient smile planted firmly on her face.

"Well I've stayed acquainted with Liyue for quite some time and have never heard of this place before, is it new?" Zhongli asked, walking up to the counter.

"Well... the building itself is new but our business used to be in Qingce village when my grandparents owned the business," The girl noted as she slid some papers over to the male who silently put them in a container under the drawer which he carried upstairs.

"And you run this with just the two of you?" The conversation remained about business. It wasn't like Zhongli to be this interested in a small family business but something about the atmosphere had him urging for more.

"No, we have another person who works here but he makes our deliveries... speaking of Luo Ying... Tan?"She asked, turning towards the staircase where the male calmly walked down.

"I'm sure he's fine, he's a strong young man who can handle himself," Tan huffed as he leaped over the counter. He had changed from his uniform to the regular Liyue attire before begins to stomp towards the door.

"Don't you worry about it y/n, I'll be heading out for business and to go and find our companion." And with that he slammed the door leaving heavy air between y/n and Zhongli.

"I'm sorry about him, he can be rough around the edges sometimes," She quickly apologized in a sharp breath.

"Would you like me to walk you back to your office Mr..." She offered for Zhongli to shake his head.

"I'll be quite alright on my own but I thank you for your concern, I am Zhongli, funeral consultant at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. May we see eachother on another day." Zhongli takes his leave and gently leaves the welcoming building leaving feeling like something had been removed from his shoulders. He walked back into the busy grounds that were Liyue harbor.

.

.

.

He would definitely go back when there wasn't such as much business.