sorry doesn't cut it

Takes place during Class Action Heroes.

Chapa and Ray get into an argument after Chapa loses her position as the Captain of Swellview Junior High's Basketball Team all because Ray kept pulling them out of school.

———

Chapa was angry. No. She was more than that. Chapa was furious.

Because of Ray's decision to constantly pull Danger Force out of school, she was informed by her coach that she was no longer eligible to be Swellview Junior High's Basketball Captain. She had worked her ass off during practices for hours to be able to claim that title, but it all went to shit. And it was entirely Ray's fault. So, could you blame her if she decided not to show up to work the next day?

According to Ray Manchester, you could.

"Where are you?" Ray's voiced yelled through the speaker of Chapa's phone.

"Why do you need to know?" Chapa snarled back, leaning against the brick wall of Hip Hop Purée.

"You're supposed to be at the mansnest! We are one superhero down and it would be nice if Volt was here!"

"Well, Volt's not available." Her tone held a petty attitude. "Sorry-"

"Chapa, If you don-" The sound of Ray's voice came to a sudden stop as Chapa hung up on him.

Almost immediately her phone began to vibrate as another call from Ray came through. She was pissed off at him, so she didn't care if she seemed childish by pressing the decline button.

-
-
-

She may be petty, but she isn't petty enough to leave her friends hanging to fight crime by themselves. So, she came to the mansnest the next day. And of course, due to previous events, Ray had a bone to pick with Chapa.

"Your behavior yesterday was absolutely unacceptable! If you're going to be a superhero, you need to be dedicated, willing to be on call no matter what is going on!" Ray yelled down at Chapa, as she sat on the couch arms crossed.

"What did you need me for this time, Ray? Was it your laundry that needed folding? Or maybe the manvan needed to get washed?" Chapa glared at him.

"It doesn't matter what I needed you for! It's the fact I needed Volt and she wasn't there!" He took a step forward, getting into Chapa's face.

Almost immediately, Mika pulled Ray back. "Maybe, everyone just needs to take a deep bre-"

"All week you have constantly pulled us out of class for absolutely no important reason at all!" Chapa interrupted, standing up from the couch.

"So, What? Isn't it a thing that kids hate school? You should be thanking me for taking you out of there!"

"Right." Chapa let out an angry chuckle, "Because I should be so thankful that you fucked up my chances of being Basketball Captain!"

It was quiet for a moment before Ray's laugher filled the silence. "That's what you're upset about? Chapa you need to realize that stuff like that doesn't matter anymore once you're a superhero. Besides I'm the only 'Captain' in Swellview!"

"Nothing ever matters to you Ray, and I'm sick of it! I worked my ass off for this position and it all went down the drain because you decided to call us out of school for shit that wasn't even an emergency!" Chapa glared at him, hard.