𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐀 - 𝟑

Start from the beginning

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐘 𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. The decorative ornaments and trinkets were bright and colorful, the people were all happy and seemingly drunk, and the whole environment was fun. Renee Winters lived for areas like this–so full of life and friendly.

    What she didn't account for was the large population of vampires that lingered throughout the streets. None of them killed civilians, just a few sips here and there to fill their appetite.

    Despite her looking like an easy target with her beautiful skirt and sleeveless corset, no vampire dared go after her. They were threatened, and in his words exactly, "if even a pretty little hair on her head gets hurt, I will rip all of your hearts out and feed it to your living relatives." It was a cruel threat but they knew that he'd follow through with it, he was Ezekial Mikaelson after all.

    Unbeknownst to the girl, New Orleans was run by the Mikaelson's. Each little corner had the go-to 'M' sign as if marking the territory as theirs. Too immersed in the scenery around her, she had yet to notice the piercing blue eyes that stayed glued to her–a naive mistake on her part.

    Her eyes light up when they land in an open bakery. She was starving and parched from her long journey, and the sight of a food choice open late in the night had brought her too much joy. Her long legs carried her to the shop, and the sweet smell of freshly baked bread and other delicacies greeted her with open arms.

    The shop was adorable. It was small, yes, but festive. Christmas decorations still hung over the open hearth, the dancing and cackling fire illuminating the shop with its bronze light. Lined up along the see-through counter were hundreds of pastries, some sweet, others savory.

    "Welcome in," a beautiful woman greets Renee with a warm smile. The girl grins back, looking over the different options she had. The woman looks over at the treats, "our go-to is the beignets. Everyone seems to enjoy them."

   Renee looks up, eyes twinkling with pure glee, "I'll have one of those, and if you could add a glass of water to my order."

    "Of course, sweetheart," the woman writes down the order on a notepad, adding up the total, "that'll be 0.32 cents."

    "On me," a familiar voice calls out from behind Renee. She looks back to be greeted with the holy sight of Ezekiel Mikaelson. He flashes her his signature grin as he carelessly hands the woman the money. He was wearing one of his suits, his hair messy on his head as if he had just gotten out of bed and threw on some clothes.

    "Long time no see," the girl grabs the beignets from the lady, along with the jugs of water. Noticing her hands too full to eat her treat, the Original holds the water jug for her as they stroll out onto the street. "I'm guessing you're behaving because nature hasn't made a fuss about you yet."

    "What can I say? I'm a good boy," Ezekiel winks, guiding her towards the French Quarters. It was run by them, and that's where they made their home. It was the safest place to be for Renee, especially in New Orleans which was overrun by the supernatural.