CHAPTER 5

Gayoon slammed her bag down the table as she sat on the chair, unintentionally making Ryujin and Yuna flinch, looking onto her.

She shut her eyes tight and took a deep breath, putting her bag down on the side of her chair, and tied her hair into a messy bun.

"What, why are you looking at me?" Gayoon asked.

"Did someone anger you?" Yuna carefully asked.

"Ahh, class representative things," she awkwardly chuckled. "So, why aren't you getting lunch?"

"We're planning to eat out, actually, at that new hotpot place in front of the school," Ryujin responded.

"Sorry, I think I'm going to eat real quick and get back to Ms. Ji."

Yuna frowned. "It's still the second week; why are you already getting busy?"

"And what are you going to eat? A sandwich?" Ryujin asked with a disapproving tone.

"I might if I have to." Gayoon sighed. "Don't worry, I'll eat enough. You two should go."

"Nope, we're going to have a proper meal together."

"I'll let you take me to a buffet for dinner, Jin. Just not now, okay? I need to gather the remaining reports."

"Yoon-ah, you should eat lots." Yuna pushed more

Gayoon smiled. "I will, and I'll be okay. I'm used to this now. Now you two go!"

Gayoon sighed as she watched the two walk out of the cafeteria.

She let out a tired sigh again as she glanced at her watch, knowing that she had already wasted ten minutes of lunch time.

As a result, Gayoon just ordered a burger and cola, filling her hunger temporarily and quickly before running to the student's lounge.

Donghyuck is pissed; he didn't know why.

Twenty minutes before the lunch break, he suddenly felt an unexplainable twist in his emotions, and he couldn't shrug it off.

It visibly showed on his face—a small crease on his forehead and an unapproachable expression.

He wasn't active in class like he usually does on the past few days, and he's dead quiet in his seat.

He's just talking a little when Jeno asks him something, or their professor wants a response from the class.

Donghyuck felt he had gone mad for a second, until he remembered the soulmate bond—the only valid reason he could think of.

"You're not talking," Mark said as he looked at the younger

"I am," Donghyuck retorted.

"No, you're not really talking."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"