Because the 'next time' that you'll be doing is forgetting what you wanted to buy instead of making your own shopping list.

Well, it's not just you though, even your father will tend to forget to buy things and the only person that's organized and efficient in your family will always be your mother. Guess you never inherited that part of her but instead you get a forgetful gene trait from your father instead.

You rushed back into the supermarket and moved your feet to the drink section. You were trying your best to be fast but as usual, the drink section is filled with people and it's quite cramped. There was even a worker with a ladder that was busy putting more drinks that were decreasing on the shelves.

Lucky for you, the shelves that have (favourite drink) are not filled by people and you have nothing to worry about wasting time.

Just as you took one and rushed yourself back to the counter and the most unfortunate part is that the queue was long. When you were queuing to buy the goods with your mother before, the queue also took time too.

This is so annoying.

You were the only one there that wanted to buy one drink and here you are queuing after people that might buy stuff that can last for about one month. Some even had two trollies for fucks sake, that may last forever if you want to exaggerate.

But just like a miracle, the counter beside that was not occupied by an employee finally opened and the worker was nice enough to call for you as the first person to use the counter. Since he saw that you were just about to buy one drink, it's a waste of time for you to wait so long for that.

You walked happily to the counter but something interrupted the supermarket.

A loud scream for help.

The screaming was not once, but the person was constantly screaming. It sounded like it was an endless one.

Your happy steps before died down and it became slower. You were frightened that someone might have gotten injured and you sure weren't ready to go outside. 

Spine-chilling scenarios like this never happened near you, it's usually happen when you read the news or watch it in thriller movies.

But witnessing one in real life?

Never.

This was petrifying and if you have a choice, you surely just want to stay in the supermarket for eternity. You don't even want to know what was going on outside.

Speaking of outside...that's where your mother is.

It couldn't be your mother, right?

You believe that your mother was safe and is busy putting stuff into the car boot but somehow your mother will just be in a startling state after hearing someone screaming and she might as mind her own business, since your mother is not the type to take risks, she usually avoids conflicts and it could be because she doesn't want anything happens to you so it's best for her to not get involved

.

"What's going on?" you muttered softly, as you put the drink onto the counter. Your eyes are still fixated on the exit door, not knowing what was happening beyond that door. 

"Probably someone getting mugged again. It's happening often lately." The worker answered your question, while his eyes were also on the exit door before but then he focused back on scanning your drink price tag.