It kind of made you question if all of this was worth it. You assumed that Rindou must have thought that you're the type of student that's efficient in everything and wants everything to be in perfection no matter what, when you clearly not.

You're not a lazy person but you don't try things too hard either, because you thought that it's just a writing portfolio, in the end that if you accomplish it and hand in it, your marks were barely be the same like your other classmates.

So there's no need to try that hard, right?

But here you both are now.

Waiting in front of the elevator, that was not that crowded by people but knowing how tall Mori Tower is, there are lots of floor for the elevators to stop by.

You glanced a little to see Rindou on your left, and all you can see was how he was jumping a little in his spot and the hands that was in the pocket of his jeans (yeah he changed his clothes already while you were still stuck with your uniform) was not staying still.

He seems thrilled.

Probably because he never been into a public library before.

But literally, what motive or reason he will have to go there anyway?

Obtain more info on how can he wreck and cause more commotion in the city? Well, pretty sure that delinquent knowledge can only be obtain through experience or training with someone stronger than him, there's no way they needed high knowledge to be qualified as a delinquent, right?

Like they only need to be strong in fights and kind of know how to handle underground business (that you don't want to know any further). So all of that can't be found in library books.

And of course you will never believe that there are intelligent delinquents, probably Rindou is not one of the examples since you speculate that he's just a guy with strong muscles but the neurotransmitters in his brain works quite slower than anyone else.

So there's a clear reason why he looks like he's on cloud nine.

"Why are you acting like we're going to Disneyland?" You scoffed, it kind of sounded like you were petty or you just can't stand seeing happy for once.

"Because I'm excited!"

Is he a 5-year-old?

You moved your eyes to the numbers display on top of the elevator. Unfortunately it was still on level 36 and the numbers were decreasing slowly (like a sloth).

"It's just books, man. Nothing special." You purposefully discouraged him, because you were like the type of person that finds joy when you see a disappointed face on some kid's face when you tell them that Santa's not real. 

Rindou smile turned upside down in an instant, it seems like you will always feel nothing or think anything negatively first. Because if people think about how rain can help plants grow, you will straight away think about how lightning can struck someone to death instead. Or how people will see how beautiful the sea is, you will then ruin the mood by saying that there'll be jellyfish (no, this is not meant to insult Rindou...for now though) or sharks in it.

It's like nothing can impress you or make you electrified. Every reaction you give will be like everything is bland and nothing is special in this world and in the end we will all rot and die anyways no matter if we're happy or not in life.

"Come on...you know that we can enjoy the little things in life! Isn't there anything in this world that'll make you happy?"

You focused your eyes onto the ceiling, acted out like you were thinking deeply but it's just you being sarcastic.