Chapter 2: Transport

Rayvana's POV

I find myself walking forward with chains bound to my legs and wrist that are connected to my fellow slaves as we walk in a line through the cold damp stone hallways. The only source of light was dimly lit lanterns that were enough to illuminate the dark hallways. Two guards lead each line with one at the front and one at the back. What's worse was the one behind me was the same slaver who visited my cell periodically for his entertainment. I shiver at the thought of those nights he visited me in my cold cell where my wings were bound and my body was weak to even resite. I could feel his stares on my body like he always does. That pig. I wanted to fight back against him when he visited me but I never could. Even if I did I would have been punished severely for my resistance. They wanted to break us and make us feel helpless against them and they have done an excellent job at it.

The ones chained with me were other hist born female Argonians and behind us other females of different races. I haven't spotted a male who was chained like us today. Our captors were moving us to a place I do not know where our captors kept a close eye on us despite our weakened state. We soon enter this large area where carriages were seen with cages set in the back. The room was large with torches lighting the walls and guardsmen stationed everywhere. Some holding board with a feather and ink as they were stationed at each carriage. 

The guards stop our line in front of one of the carriages as other lines move over in front of the other carriages. The man with the paper starts to mark and count us making sure we were all there. Once they finished counting the started to shove the slave upfront forward and into the cage forcing us to follow in. I turn my head and notice three other carriages were being loaded up with the other slaves. Separating us by species as I see females of Khajiits, Orcs, Elves, and humans all being loaded up into the cages. 

Each of us wore all these expressions on our faces. One of despair, fear, hopelessness, angst, and sorrow. Looking all around me I see some have accepted their fate. I hear footsteps and I now see the males of each race bound like we were. More carriages rolled in with cages on the back. Their expressions were almost the same as ours but what was different is most of them held complete anger. The males barely dressed but at least they had a better cloth covering their parts. Guessing the slavers don't care to see more of the males like the females. Looking at their bodies they had scars, marks, and wounds across their bodies. I've heard they used the males for more than just hard labor, guessing they were used as gladiators forced to fight each other for the entertainment of others. 

The same people with feathers and paper mark the males down and loaded them up like we were in the carriages. Voices went all around as the cages were closed and locked up.

"Alright, we have everything loaded. Get the tarps over them and get these slaves over to the auctions. I don't want to hear about any delay and you all better return with a good stash of coin!" a voice said. The voice was definitely male and had authority. Come to think of it I've never actually seen a female slaver around here. But then again I've only been used for the male slavers. I try my best not to remember all the times they used me as an object... but the memories always flood back into my mind. I look up to see thick green tarps are set over our cages. I couldn't see anything at all. That's when the sounds of horses clapping their hove onto the ground and the sound of a whip hitting something. The feeling of the carriage starting its movments as they transport us.

A couple of Hours Later

It's been hours now on the road. It was hot, and the hour felt stale. This tarp over the cage I was bound in kept heat in and let barely any fresh air in. The others around me are either asleep or wide awake because of the heat. Despite our cold-blooded nature as Argonians, staying out in the heat like this for hours is unbearable, especially for us who have been very weak and subjugated to all of the abuse and rape. That's when the feeling of the carriage stops. Footsteps being heard coming to the cart and a voice saying,