chapter four: a little bit of trust

as y/n was leaning against one of the walls of wangshu inn, waiting for the rain to stop, she grew tired. she was waiting for about 2 hours now.

"maybe i should get a room here. the rain hasn't stopped and its still heavy, so i probably wont het out of here anytime soon." she thought to herself. looking around, checking if the path was clear from the adeptus she interacted with earlier that night, she walked down the steps to see verr goldett at her desk.

"excuse me?" y/n said gently as verr goldett's head perked up from whatever she was doing for her paperwork. "on second thought, i dont think the rain will stop anytime soon, so could i please get a room?" she said sheepishly. "of course, dear. here are your keys, and you can pay me tomorrow morning." she said as she handed y/n the keys that dangled in her hand, making a jingle noise which sounded familiar.

(start of flashback)

"im sorry! please let me go i'll do better!" y/n pleaded as tears streamed down her face from the pain from her masters spell she used.

"oh y/n, how many strikes is this so far? 3? oh well, thats too bad. you have to be a good girl for me or else you will suffer the consequences." she said with a sarcastic pout on het face, as her voice went from sweet to violent as she held out the keys to her jail-like cell she was going to be put in because she made a mistake her master didn't approve of.

she felt the pain of the burning hot ground and being harshly thrown on it, as she was put into her cell, crying desperately wanting to be set free, for she hoped that time will come soon.

(end of flashback)

"ma'am! are you alright?" she heard verr shout as she came back to reality. "my apologies..." y/n said, ashamed of herself. "its alright dear. i never got your name, mind telling me?" verr asked. "..i am adeptus y/n, but you may just call me y/n." she replied.

"alright, well i hope you enjoy your stay here, have a good night y/n!" she said with a friendly tone.

almost too friendly, that it made y/ns cold heart slightly crack open. maybe she could trust someone from this world after all.

"you too, ma'am." y/n replied to her, walking away with a genuine faint smile on her face. as she walked up the steps, she passed by the balcony she was on earlier, and her sight was clear from the adeptus. she sighed with relief, and she climbed up the stairs to get to her room.

when she opened the door, she flopped down on her bed tiredly, but she wasn't. her mind was awake, but her body wasn't. she could only think about the memories from her encounter with xiao.

she hadn't slept in a while, about a week or so. after all, it is stereotypic for adeptuses not to sleep or be tired.

when she finally laid down and attempted to fall asleep, her mind had finally came to peace.

that was until the memories of xiao came flooding back.. she didn't sleep that night.

(A/N)
HELLOOOOOOO IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN A WHILE BUT MY STORY IS KINDA GETTING ATTENTION SO YEAH:) ❤️❤️❤️❤️