➥▮『ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟸』▯

Start from the beginning

You stomped it again as he shrieked in agony from the pain.

"And that's for trying to hurt me," you get close to him and say with a straight face, "Oh, and I'm sorry."

"You don't look sorry at all!!" He thought while he questioned himself, wondering why he felt compelled to stab the wrong person.

You stood up, dusted your pants, and now nodded at Endou, who had rushed over to check on you.

He mentally cursed and panicked as he saw the guard approaching them, "Shit, shit, shi-" the man keeps repeating in his head.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes,"

"Really?"

"Yes, now let's go, I don't want to waste our time here," you said and nodded to Endou, who was still concerned about you, while glancing down at the man and giving him a blank stare before turning back to the goalkeeper, ignoring the stunned thief.

"It's all your fault!" He yelled his heart out as if you were the one who was wrong in this situation.

"To be honest, I don't care," you remarked, boldly grabbing the end of Endou's shirt, signaling to leave.

You really don't have a reason to care about such things anymore, whether they're life-threatening or not, and almost every time you discover many little things around you, the intriguing discovery turns into an uninteresting result after learning about them for a while.

This is why you were aware of how quickly everything could become boring and dull.

In comparison to the situation, everyone knows that getting almost stabbed or probably getting murdered, or much more, the so-called crime is really terrifying, it is terrible and frighteningly interesting.

Howbeit, as the years pass, it will eventually fade from one's memory; people will either forget about it or, more succinctly, it will disappear because they no longer find it interesting, intriguing, fascinating, or captivating.

Because it had already happened.

For you, however, it took only a fraction of a second to move on, as you knew a great deal, whereas many people likely do not acquire the knowledge of the truth.

You took a sharp breath and walked away from the scene, practically still dragging Endou by his shirt; he wasn't bothered, so he just let you be, mumbling and telling you random things.

"-and Goenji went whoosh! Then Kidou goes-"

You subconsciously blocked his voice from entering your mind, letting go of Endou and blankly staring at the air before turning to face the legendary pokemo-legendary goalkeeper.

"I'm sorry for dragging you away without your consent," you bowed, lowering your head.

Instead of greeting an angry, agitated, or frowning Endou, you look up to see him beaming at you.

"No worries!"

Your lips pursed together, baffled, but it didn't last long as everything was expected.

He was Endou, and the man was certainly soft. As you can see, Endou was a simple, honorable person; he was gregarious and tenacious, and men like him were known for being brilliant protagonists.

Endou, Tenma, and Asuto are the types of people who can be your happy pill; if they exist in real life, they could be unlicensed therapists due to their ability to affect one's life.

You haven't seen or known "Tenma" as well as you should have because you didn't get a chance to watch the entire series, let alone the Orion one.

Your eyes remained unreadable; they say eyes can't lie, but why have your once-bright, sparkling eyes become lifeless like you? You're happy, sad, scared, or whatever emotion you're experiencing, but no one can see it through your eyes. Why is this so? Is it because your interest in one thing has turned into a lack, as in a lack of interest?