Chapter 3:English Class

Start from the beginning

"Me too,"Xie Lian said and San Lang nodded as they both walked and came up to a classroom."So we do have the same class together!"Xie Lian announced and San Lang smiled.

"Not quite,"San Lang said as he pointed to a classroom that was a couple doors down."That's my classroom,"He said and Xie Lian looked at the classroom then back to San Lang as he connected the dots.

"I...see.."Xie Lian said slowly, blushing as embarrassment washed over him."Well I'll see you later,"Xie Lian said quickly as he tried to hide his red face making San Lang laugh, his eye sparkling with playfulness.

"At Lunch, I'll meet you."San Lang said as he walked off to his own classroom.

"Ok,"Xie Lian said back as he opened the door to his classroom, hearing the last bell ringing as he closed the door behind him. Xie Lian sighed as he made it to his seat, allowing himself to relax as he waited for class to start. Xie Lian, for some reason found that without the mischievous and amusing San Lang around he didn't know what to do with himself, so in response he solved math equations.

....

At Lunch, Xie Lian carried his usual homemade lunch to his usual table and he wondered for the first time after saying goodbye to San Lang about how Sang Lang would find him so they could meet.They weren't close before, and he couldn't recall ever noticing him during lunch, or maybe it was because they never talked before that he never noticed him?All it took was a single meeting and they had already agreed to meet in between classes.Xie Lian couldn't remember the last time he was excited about meeting someone away from classes, but now it seemed anything involved with San Lang was fun and exciting.San Lang brought an air of playfulness that attracted Xie Lian rather easily.Xie Lian couldn't keep his gaze still as he searched for the tall teen in the large room full of students, who were grabbing trays filled with different foods.Xie Lian almost thought of getting up to try and find San Lang when his vision turned black as a warmth covered them.

"I found you, Gege,"San Lang's voice radiated playful mischief as he uncovered Xie Lian's eyes allowing Xie Lian to look back at him.San Lang smiled as he took a seat next to Xie Lian.Xie Lian smiled quickly at San Lang's sudden entrance before noticing that the male didn't have a tray with him.

"Are you not hungry?"Xie Lian asked  and San Lang rested his arms on the table as he relaxed, not hurrying for anything.

"A bit,"San Lang said, giving an honest answer as a growl from his stomach was heard moments later.Xie Lian chuckled lightly at this before questioning him again.

"Then why don't you get something?I can wait here."Xie Lian asked and just as he expected San Lang to get up and get a meal, San Lang just shrugged.

"That food tastes bad."He said bluntly and Xie Lian winced, he couldn't deny it but he also didn't think to even say the statement out loud.Xie Lian started to think what could appeal to San Lang when San Lang gestured to Xie Lian's lunch."Is this Gege's cooking?"San Lang asked and Xie Lian looked down to see his own lunch, which included rice, a dumpling, and peices of fish.

"Well, yes, but...well I've heard from others that my cooking is...crude."Xie Lian said, flinching as he thought back to a time when he let Shi Qingxuan taste his cooking, and Shi Qingxuan's face turned a thousand shades of green as he tried swallowing the one bite he took.After that incident he never allowed anyone to taste his cooking so carelessly, fearing he would make someone gravely ill.

"Can I taste?"San Lang asked, and Xie Lian quickly waved his hands dismissing San Lang's question.

"YOU DON'T NEED TO!!"Xie Lian said quickly and shut his mouth just as quickly glancing to see that a couple people were staring at them.He waved awkwardly at them before looking over to San Lang."Really you don't need to."Xie Lian said again in a quieter voice, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"No worries, Gege, I'm curious what Gege's cooking tastes like anyway,"San Lang said back as he grabbed a utensil and scooped an appreciative serving of rice.He bit down the spoonful of rice, closing his eye as if to appreciate the taste, thoughtfully swallowing it.San Lang opened his eye and Xie Lian tensely watched trying to decipher San Lang's thoughts on the food.

"How...is it?"Xie Lian asked nervously.

"Good, maybe more flavor next time."San Lang said thoughtfully.

"I'll keep that in mind!!Thank you for your feedback!"Xie Lian exclaimed, a happiness radiating off of him as hope for his future cooking adventures was now brightened because of San Lang.San Lang smiled as he watched Xie Lian gushing about cooking."I had feared that my cooking was so bad I wouldn't be able to share a meal with someone!But now San Lang has really affirmed my hope for the future!!"Xie Lian gushed and San Lang nodded.

"I'm happy to have elevated Gege's hopes to such an extent. Why doesn't San Lang be Gege's taste tester? If it wouldn't be too much trouble that is?"San Lang proposed and Xie Lian beamed with excitement.

"San Lang, that's a great idea!!"Xie Lian exclaimed before quickly scrambling to pull out a sheet of paper and a pen."Could you tell me if there's anything you're allergic to?Or a favorite food of yours?"Xie Lian asked and San Lang just shook his head.

"Gege is welcome to make whatever he wants, there's nothing I'm opposed, or attracted to."San Lang responded quickly and Xie Lian paused before nodding with a smile, moving aside the paper and pen.

"Ok then, do you want to share this,"Xie Lian asked as he gestured to his lunch and San Lang nodded as they both used separate utensils to eat the rest of the lunch.Once finished Xie Lian moved over the piece of paper and a pen and faced it to San Lang."Now, to get back on track, San Lang could you write a word there."Xie Lian asked and San Lang nodded as he picked up the pen and wrote in the same jagged and messy handwriting.Xie Lian sighed as he touched San Lang's hand, stopping San Lang from continuing."Your putting to much pressure on the pen."Xie Lian said as he grasped San Langs hand gently."Here like this,"Xie Lian said and started loosely moving San Lang's hand, the curves and lines smooth.Xie Lian smiled with satisfaction."Do you think you can do it like that?"Xie Lian asked and San Lang grinned.

"Surely, Gege has no reason to worry over my skills,"San Lang said as he started again, this time with no assistance from Xie Lian.The curves and lines were smooth, but there came jagged movement soon after, reverting back to an incomprehensible mess of  lines and curves. Xie Lian signed, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.