Chapter 2:"Nice Meeting You..."

Start from the beginning

"It's nice to meet you too, Xie Lian,"

....

"WHAT!!"Shi Qingxuan yelled, alerting everyone in the classroom to their presence.Xie Lian groaned, slapping his hand against Shi Qingxuan's mouth and waving with an apologetic smile to everyone watching.

"Yes, and we just talked,"Xie Lian said, looking back at Shi Qingxuan allowing him to speak as he uncovered his mouth.

"So you're saying this Hua Cheng–!"

"San Lang,"

"Right this "San Lang" just talked with you?"Shi Qingxuan said questongly, unconvinced with Xie Lian's story.

"Yup, he didn't do anything else...why are you so suspicious?Did he do something bad?"Xie Lian asked curiously.

"I don't know, okay!!There are just a lot of rumors!!"Shi Qingxuan whined as he looked away from Xie Lian.

"What rumors?"Xie Lian asked, curious to what people were saying about this charming boy who seemed rather...innocent?

"Well...it's said that he gets into lots of fights.."Shi Qingxuan whispered, lowering his voice as he spoke trying not to be overheard by anyone as he recounted these rumors."And that he's nasty, his attitude is cold to anyone he talks too, like–I don't know–he doesn't care if you suddenly disappeared one day."Shi Qingxuan shivered at the thought, his craving for attention attitude would definitely not mix well with someone who seemingly doesn't care about anyone."Oh and you know the worst part is that, well you know he doesn't live with his parents?"

"No..but what does that have to do with anything?I don't live with my parents.."Xie Lian said and his words twisted cold at the memories that choked his heart.Shi Qingxuan shook his head frantically, his face apologetic as he grabbed onto Xie Lian's hands gently.

"Sorry!!No that's not what I meant...I mean it's said that he killed his parents or something and now he just lives alone."Shi Qingxuan said quietly, looking around as if San Lang would show up just from the mention of his home life.

"Look.You said these were just rumors, right?Well, since they are just rumors that means they are most likely exaggerated and false."Xie Lian said his voice serious not holding any humor or falsehood.Shi Qingxuan frowned slightly as he looked down, looking regretful at what he just said.

"Yeah, you're right."Shi Qingxuan said as he processed his words.

"What's Gege right about?"A familiarly deep voice echoed out beside them and Xie Lian snapped his head up to see...San Lang!!
Note:Gege (from Chinese to English) roughly is used as a term of affection or familiarity, and can be used with an older male who the person is close to, please do look it up for more info :)

"AH! San Lang!"Xie Lian yelped as he seemed to jump 10 feet in the air, surprised at San Lang's casual entrance into the conversation.

"Sorry, Gege, for scaring you."San Lang said apologetically as he moved away slightly, giving Xie Lian space.

"It's ok..sorry I wasn't expecting you to show up so suddenly.."Xie Lian said and patted his chest in the rough space where his heart was."Um...do you also have this class?"Xie Lian asked and Hua Cheng nodded.

"English,"San Lang recalled and Xie Lian nodded in agreement.

"Ah! Right this is Shi Qingxuan, my friend, and class president,"Xie Lian said pointing at Shi Qingxuan who was properly pretending to not be involved in the conversation until he was pointed out.

"Hi!"Shi Qingxuan squeaked out as sweat rolled down his face as he looked at San Lang.

"Hi.."San Lang said quickly with indifference.Xie Lian smiled awkwardly at the tension between the two building and he quickly tried averting San Lang's attention back to him.

"So, San Lang, I don't remember you having this class with us...it's only been 4 months into the school year, but I don't recall you being my classmate..?"Xie Lian questioned, grabbing San Lang's attention, making San Lang smile quickly.

"It was a mix up in my schedule. I was originally supposed to take this class."San Lang said and Xie Lian tilted his head as he thought for a moment.

"This class?I thought you were a Junior?Isn't this a class for Seniors...?"Xie Lian asked, confusion laced his words.

"Yes, I am a Junior, but my previous teacher recommended that I take this class."San Lang explained and Xie Lain 'ohhed' his understanding.

"That makes sense, then you must be very good at English?"Xie Lian asked and it was becoming quite apparent how invisible Shi Qingxuan was while they talked.

"No.No, I couldn't take such a title from Gege."San Lang teased and Xie Lian laughed heartily while waving his hand dismissively.

"I wouldn't say that! I just like to write is all!"Xie Lian said and once his laughter faded he took a peek away from San Lang to see that his classmates went quiet, their eyes and ears on them.Xie Lian blushed at this, finding it quite embarrassing that such a normal conversation was being gawked at, to such an extent.But San Lang didn't seem to care as he continued on.

"Oh?But I've seen that Gege is the best out of everyone here, in both writing and calligraphy alike. Now I would say that's deserving of a title more grandiose than being "good" at English."San Lang said with certainty and Xie Lian laughed a bit as he shook his head but not repeating his prior argument.

"If that's grandiose then what about San Lang?He must have many achievements in this type of class to have gone above his classmates, right?" Xie Lian asked, welcoming this game of compliments.

"Haha Gege flatters me, but this is nothing that hard work and dedication can't achieve!"San Lang replied with a laugh responding to Xie Lian's praises playfully as he seemed to be in his element. But just when Xie Lian was about to fire back another praise there came a rough throat clearing signaling Xie Lian and San Lang to turn toward the noise.A teacher, who was around 50 years of age looked at them with a questioning look as if to say 'Are you two done?' and Xie Lian blushed.He was getting so caught up in San Lang's teasing that he forgot that they had class!

"Sorry!"Xie Lian said as he hurried to his seat at the front.He heard a soft 'Apologies' come from San Lang before he got to his own seat, which coincidentally was right next to Xie Lian's!!Xie Lian glanced at San Lang and saw that he propped his head up with his palm as he looked up at the front with a bored expression.Xie Lian found himself smiling softly at him, and couldn't help thinking 'When was the last time I had so much fun talking with someone that I forgot about classes?' No matter how much Xie Lian thought he couldn't grasp a memory in which that happened before.But he also couldn't help thinking that this wouldn't be the last time San Lang would amuse him before classes even started.