You released a breath you didn't realize you were holding. Admiring the sky that shone like day. Nothing else mattered. Not the people who celebrated down below. Not the deafening noise that forced itself in the eardrums. And not even the Spider Queen and her minions wreaking havoc. Wait.

You pause. The fireworks stopped at the same time. The sky returns to plain empty night as the lights die out.

With you out of your daze, you push yourself off the floor and onto your feet. Walking towards the edge, I lean toward the railing. Pressing your stomach against the handrail and your hands firmly gripping it. You catch a better glimpse of the ongoing ruckus below. Your jaw goes slack in realization as soon as you process the scene before you.

It's an apocalypse. Spider mechs are everywhere, jumping people and latching onto their backs. Invading minds and taking control of their body. The cheers of joy turned into cries of fear long before the fireworks stopped going off. You were just too ignorant to notice.

The Spider Queen and the spider gang all flaunt themselves on a parade float. You catch sight of the Lady Bone Demon standing beside them.

So this is what they had planned. "Dang." Is the pathetic response you come up with. Your face twists into a frown as you hop onto the railing and sit down. Letting your legs dangle in the air as you watch everything go down.

Time passes and you're yet to be attacked. Watching the spiders come and go whenever they cross your flat.
The screaming died out already. And from the looks of it, almost the whole city's been turned into puppets from the looks of it.

You wince at the sight of the civilian's frayed appearances. Their clothes are all tattered and underneath were exposed cuts and bruises from the spiders' attacks. Some sustained damage worse than others. No longer are those smiley civilians as they all looked like they came straight from a zombie movie. Those injuries have got to hurt.

The buildings were still intact. More abandoned than destroyed compared to the damage done by the Demon Bull King's past attacks which would leave the city in shambles.

Man. How many times has the city been attacked already? This is what- Like the third, fourth time already? You wonder where they get the money to repair everything. And so fast too.

The train of thought ended when your shoulders tensed and the hairs on the back of your neck stood. The air also feels as if it's dropped a couple. Someone's watching.

You crane your head and face the other way. Oh. Oh. A spider climbed its way to the top from behind you back. It crawls its way over to you. Already nearing a dangerously close distance before you could even blink.

You prepare to take off. Getting into a crouching position, you push my feet off the railing - launching yourself into the air as you leapt forward. The spider also jumps. Making it just in time to latch tight itself onto your leg. It weighs you down, letting gravity make a visit earlier than expected as you start to fall.

You glare at the mech. Shimmying your leg to shake it off as you ready yourself to use a trick you've been doing often.

Although before you could pull anything, a hand grabs you by the collar and pulls you up. You yelp. Your eyes widen as you're brought into another state of surprise. The force gets the spider to lose its grip and fall to its demise.