Chapter 2

Y/n Turner's POV

He sent a few knocks on the door and an old man who I assume Dominic is opened the door asking us about why we were in there.

<I'm here for Dominic? Tell him it's Philip.> The guy left and came back with another guy maybe this time he's Dominic.

<Oh Philip! How are you mate it's been years?> The guy exclaimed hugging my dad and patting his back as my dad did the same.

<I know it's been so long since I visited but I am here now.> Dad replied.

<Alright please come in.> The guy replied pulling my sad inside and I followed them.

Walking inside I was too stunned about the whole look of the place. If I can describe it in one word it's "majestic". From the chandelier at the ceiling to the marbled floor it was just perfect.

But there is something captivating about this place, it's has portraits of people they all kind of looked like copies of one another but I guess that's not possible because it has dates at the bottom.

All of them were like centuries ago but still in the perfect condition and that is like awesome.

<Y/n come here.> I walked to where they all are and sat beside my dad. I only knew this guy for like 5 minutes now but I felt like we're connected or something.

But maybe that's just because he is dad's friend... right?

<So let me introduce myself. I'm Dominic Holland I'm his best mate. Me and your... dad has been friends ever since him and I first met.> He chuckled followed by my dad.

<It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mr. Dominic.> I offer my hand to shake his but instead he kissed the back of the palm of my hand.

<Y/n you can call me Dominic.> I nodded and smiled as he did the same.

<It's been like 16 years since I first met you and you were just this tiny baby and now you're all grown up...>

<I still remember the first time I had you in my arms we were all happy. Me, Philip and Lucille. By the way where is Lucille I haven't seen her?>

He asked as my smile disappeared and sadness once win against my happiness.

<Oh my mom... uhm...> I looked at my dad who nodded at me and smiled. I took a deep breath and...

~Flashback~

I'm already half asleep when I heard something but I don't know where it is coming from.

<Dad did you hear that?> I asked dad when I saw him standing infront of the front door downstairs. It's kind of odd. He didn't looked at me but he's looking for something or someone outside.

<Get inside and go to sleep.> He yelled and that's the first time he yelled at me. I don't have something to do with that I just have to stay here inside my room till dad tells me that everything is okay.

Well I could at least hope that it will. I just stayed awake for the past minutes because I can't sleep not to mention again.

I'm half way through the book I am reading and I am already feeling sleepy when I heard something crashed. I jumped out of bed and opened the door only to see my mom infront of it.

Her back facing me as she held a knife pointing it towards her.

<Mom what's happening?> I asked putting my hand on top of her shoulder then she turned to me fast.

<Go inside and lock the door now!> She yelled at me that made me terrified and worried about what's happening.

I tried to peaked downstairs and saw my dad fist fighting someone and not just someone he is the guy from the mall.

It all happened so fast and in a blink my dad got knocked down and then the guy disappeared but not for long. I didn't see him walk upstairs he's like moving in the speed of light.

Then now he is visible to my eyes but he was holding my mom by the neck he walked forward getting closer and closer to the railings.

I don't know if I'm dreaming or what but I just saw him walk pass through the railings like he's a ghost or something.

<Honey run.> I saw my mom mouthed but I couldn't move at all I just froze and saw him drop my mom and he just disappeared.

The time I was able to move again I ran downstairs and headed to where they are. Gladly dad was okay he gain consciousness but he still has cuts on his face.

But my mom...

<No. No. No, Lucille.> He started crying holding my mom in his arms.

I can't believe that this happened and I'm still in wonders to why it does.

I just stared at my mom who has blood on her head while my dad cried and rocked her back and forth.

<Dad?> I called before it all went black.
-
After a couple of days we arranged a funeral for her. It was raining that day, I cried as the clouds did the same.

Few people came, all of them were their friends, they said their condolences and gave us hugs and just gave us shoulders to cry on.

<We gathered her today to say goodbye to a friend who has helped us through many things. Who had been a good wife to her husband and a good mother to her only child...>

<May the lord bless her soul and lead her to paradise.>

The funeral went on and after the speech the priest gave, one by one the guests started coming forward to her casket and out white roses on top of it.

Then my dad and lastly me.

<Mom I'm sorry I didn't do anything to save you. I just wish it's... me who died and not you. I promise I'll protect dad no matter what happens, and I'll... I'll be good. I love you so much and I'll miss you mom.>

I placed a kiss on top of her casket and placed my rose. Watching as the men put her down slowly and slowly burying her to the ground.

<Come on honey don't cry. Your mom will not going to be happy if you're crying. Smile okay.> Dad said as we walked back the car and drove back home.

<That's why mom wasn't here.>

<I'm sorry I didn't know. But you guys are with me now you'll be safe here.> Dominic said sitting next to me and giving me a tight hug.

<If you'll excuse me I just want to get some fresh air.> I stated standing and headed outside.

The cold air brushed through my face that sent shivers to my whole body as I take a breath before I started walking to the garden.

For once I get a chance to just be with myself no other people near me only me and my thoughts.

Maybe mom was right when she said that "We will start a new life in London and you'll love it honey."

I only hope I will. As I was sitting on the grass I saw something moved from behind the trees but I'm not sure because it's too far away.

I started walking to it as I sense some eyes on me once again. Is he here? My eyes looked around the place but seen no one. I let out a sigh maybe it's just my imagination playing with me.

<Hey.> Someone said from behind me freaking me out.

<Oh god you scared me!> I said catching my breath.

<Sorry I just saw you heading to the front so I gotta get you before you reached those trees.> He stated and I got confused, did he saw what I just saw? I just looked at him waiting for him. To continue.

<There are wild animals that can kill you that lives in there.> Oh well I guess the thing that I saw running was just an animal.

<I haven't seen you before, are you new here?> He then asked walking with me.

<Yes I am, me and my dad just arrived earlier.> I replied.

<By the way it's Harrison but people here calls me Haz.> He introduced himself and hold out his hand.