~Chapter 1~

Hey guys. This is the second chapter. Not much happens in here but you need to know this as it leads up to the events of the next chapter. dedicated to Inurnytmares for helping me come up with the plot for this story. Have fuuun =)

 *************************************

~Chapter 1~

I’d always wanted a normal family to grow up with. A proper family. A family who would love me, like my mum had loved me. A family who would spoil me rotten and love me unconditionally. But I guess we can’t all have what we want.

My foster parents weren’t exactly what you would call loving. Heck, you can’t even call them parents! They are the worst thing that has ever happened to me. And trust me, a lot of bad things have happened in my life. They made my life a living hell. What had I ever done to them? How did I deserve any of this?

I had lived in a care home all my life. My mum died in a tragic car crash. Only mum died. Tyler, aunty carol and me survived with mere cuts and scratches. I was only 6. My dad… well he had left the week before I was born so I’ve never really known him. Every time I asked mum, she would tense up and change the subject. After a while, I knew better than to ask.

My Aunt and cousin brother had fostered me and taken me to live with them. I was ecstatic. I was finally going to live with people who were actually blood related to me. I would finally be part of a family.

“Good luck dearie. I’m so happy you finally found a loving home with your caring Aunt.” Jenny, the head care worker had said as I waved good bye. Thinking back now, she couldn’t have been more wrong.

 *********************************

 “Stop it please!” I begged. I clutched my stomach and yelled out in pain as his hard, charcoal work boots came crashing into my back. I squirmed away from him. “Please stop! I didn’t tell jenny anything! She came around and I told her what you told me to say. Please! Please don’t do this again!” tears ran freely down my bruised cheeks. He grunted and grabbed me by the lapels of my school blazer.

“You’re lying.” He growled giving me a harsh shake. “Why else would she ask me all those questions, huh?” he flung me backwards, my back colliding with the wall. I heard my bones crack.  

“I’m not lying. Ask Aunt Carol. She’ll tell you the truth.” I shouted back at him. As if on cue, Aunt Carol emerged from the kitchen, her head held low. I looked at her, pleading with my eyes.

“Is she telling the truth Aunt Carol?” he demanded. Aunt Carol hesitated before nodding. You could clearly see the fear in her eyes. She was afraid of him. She was as afraid of him as I was. He was my cousin brother. Why does he do this to me? Why doesn’t she stop him?

I glared at Aunt Carol; she just turned and walked away. Tyler yelled out in frustration then punched me one last time. He stormed towards the door, pulling it open, then slamming it behind him.

‘probably gone down to the pub to get wasted, yet again ’ I thought.

 I slumped against the wall, my will to live, completely drained. I dragged my self up, my body crying out in pain. I leaned against the sofa and breathed deeply. I definitely had some broken ribs.

This was when I decided. Enough was enough. No 14 year old girl should have to put up with an abusive guardian. Hell, no one should have to put up with an abusive guardian.

 Tyler can’t use me for his personal punch bag any longer. I’ve had enough.

Ever since I was fostered by Aunt Carol and Tyler 1 year ago, life has been hell. ‘But not any more’ I thought to myself. ‘From now on, things will be different. Watch out Tyler, because from now on, IM GOING TO FIGHT BACK!

 ************************************

“HYAH! HYAH HYAAAAAAH” I yelled, throwing punch after punch. ‘Poor punching bag’

I kicked it, sending sprawling on its chains. I flexed my arms before sending a combination of face and body punches.

Clap. Clap. Clap. “Well done Kara. You’re doing very well. I can see you’re dedicated.” Ryan, my trainer complemented.

Ever since I decided I would no longer put up with Tyler, I joined the local fighting gym. Ryan had been training me for more than a year. I'm now 15 turning 16 in a few months.And every day, I was getting better and better.

I was determined. Determined to give Tyler a piece of my mind. And some long lasting injuries. My determination was something I would always have when it came to fighting. Just the vision of Tyler in front of me was enough to get me to beat the shit out of anything that was closest to me.

And right now, the punch bag was getting it pretty bad.

Yesterday, Tyler had come at me again. But I was able to hold him off. I had definitely broken some of his ribs. I grinned at the memory.

The sickening crack of his ribs as my clenched fists came into contact with his chest. The screams he had let out as he fell to the ground.  Smiling at the thought that I was able to hurt him, I let out a series of flying kicks.

“It’s almost as if some thing gets you so angry that you can put so much passion into your attacks.” Ryan informed me.

“You got that right” I muttered. Ryan didn’t know about Tyler. I hadn’t told anyone. Nobody knew but me and Aunty Carol. She was too terrified of him to report him, as was I. I had told Ryan that I was getting bullied at school.

“Well today, we’re going to be working on your defences” Ryan said. “Come on” he beckoned me to the fighting ring, it was empty.

He slipped his punching gloves on as I put some blocking pads on. He struck a fist at my face which I blocked and kicked me at the back of my leg, causing me to jump back, capture his leg in a tight grip and swing him towards the floor.

From the floor he swung his leg towards my thigh; I pushed it out of the way with my forearm.

He flipped over and jumped up. We circled the ring, the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I grinned at the rush I get when I fight.

He came towards me punching, kicking and striking. I blocked them all.

At the end of the session Ryan came up to me, panting. “I underestimated your talent, Kara. You’ve got a fire in you that not many other people have. Well done, im really proud of you” he smiled at me,

I gave him a genuine smile, “thanks Ryan” I put my fist out to him. He returned it, pumping his fist with mine. “Good night. See you tomorrow”

And with that I grabbed my bag, and left the gym, unaware of the dangers which lurked in my ‘home’.

 ***********************

Oooohhh what do ya think will happen in the next chapter? I’m so excited to write it. My karate lessons are coming in use; I can write fighting scenes as I know what I would do if someone attacked me. Muhahahaa nobody can mess with me ;D have fun! Comment, vote and fan!