22 | the calm before the storm

"Marco?" Jean says as he wipes his mouth dry and struggles to fumble in the dark for his shirt and blazer. You do the same as you pull your drenched dress forcefully up your body.

Marco stood there, absolutely dumbfounded. He was practically paralyzed. Not that Jean could blame him. He walked in on him and the literal Princess of Eldia about to have sex. Extremely passionate sex, if he might add. Outside to make matters worse.

He just stared at the two of you in utter disbelief. Jean knew the view was a shocker all on its own and no matter who walked in, anyone would've reacted the same way, but this was slightly worse considering Marco always had a crush on you.

"Marco." You laugh as you pull your dress up to your shoulders. You approach him by grabbing the ends of your dress so you don't trip. "You're here!"

The brunette never pulls his eyes away from Jean. "Yeah. Your parents sent me after the two of you. They were worried."

You brush away your wet hair from your face. "We're fine. We were actually just on our way home!" You spin around to face Jean. "Right?"

"Really?" Marco asks. He couldn't stop giving Jean that look. "Looks like going home was the last thing on your mind."

Jean couldn't say anything. He didn't even know how to defend himself. What was he supposed to say? Something corny like "It isn't what it looks like!"?

You stood in between them. Marco looks right past you and at Jean and Jean stares right back at him. The tension was intense.

"How did you get here so fast?" You try to change the subject. The rain had begun to slow down so it was a lot easier to see outside now, which made it only more awkward.

"I took the train." He says dryly. He then walks past you and toward Jean. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

He stands in front of his best friend now and whispers in an angry tone. "That's the princess! Do you have any idea what would happen if the king and queen were to find out?"

You meet where they stand. "Except they won't find out because you're not going to say anything, right?"

Marco finally looks at you, his appalled face softening when he meets your eyes. "Princess, I can't just-"

"Please." You hold onto his arm and Jean flinches at the sight of you touching him. He couldn't help but feel instant jealously. "Don't say anything. This is all my fault, not his."

He scoffs. "You really expect me to think Jean had nothing to do with what I just saw right now?"

Jean finally snaps. "Oh please, like you haven't daydreamed of doing the same thing for years now. I atleast acted on it."

You snap your neck toward him. "Do yourself a favor and stop talking. You're only making it worse."

Jean presses his lips shut but Marco continues. "It's one thing to daydream and another to actually do it. Even I'm not that stupid."

"No," Jean's invisible zipper on his lips rips apart. "Instead you just give her flowers on her birthday and watch her from afar like a stalker."

Marco was visibly getting agitated. "Are you seriously comparing flowers to shoving your tongue down her throat?"

Your mouth drops open. "Hello! I'm right here!"

They ignore you completely. It was an odd feeling. Jean had missed his best friend, he couldn't deny that. He thought that once he saw him again, he'd feel relief. Yet, all he felt right now was anger.

eldiaрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ